Global Compressor Wheel Market: Introduction
- A compressor wheel is a crucial component of a turbocharger and is used to boost the intake of air pressure of an internal combustion engine.
- Traditionally, compressor wheels are produced from aluminum because of its low density. Aluminum weighs only approximately one third as much as steel. The process to cast compressor wheels is simple and inexpensive with aluminum. In the post-production process, proper heat and solution treatment are required to create a stronger wheel.
- In more recent times, a high proportion of turbochargers are spinning faster than ever before, with high pressure. Thus, if the compressor wheel has been produced from weak cast materials, then due to high spinning speed, the blades of the compressor wheel will begin to bend backwards. Hence, alternative materials and manufacturing processes are required to handle this pressure.
- In the past few years, with changing operating conditions and customer demand, the compressor wheel design has improved significantly. New designs of the compressor wheel include flatback, superback, deep superback, and deep superback – extended tip.
- The global compressor wheel market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for turbochargers across the globe.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Compressor Wheel Market: Dynamics
Increase in Demand for Highly Functional Turbocharger
- Expansion of liquid natural gas (LNG) trade, increasing number of water and wastewater treatment plants and growth of oil and gas refinery sector has augmented the demand for turbo compressor. Newly designed, advanced turbochargers are spinning at a very high speed than ever before. This has led to the prominent development in compressor wheel design to meet the changing conditions of turbocharger. Thus, with increase in demand for highly functional turbocharger is expected to drive the demand for compressor wheel in the upcoming years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Compressor Wheel Market
- North America dominated the global compressor wheel market in 2018, accounting for significant share. The U.S. is the key market in North America due to technology advancement and presence of well-established manufacturers in the region which indirectly boosts the demand for compressor wheels in the country.
- The compressor wheel market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace. This can be attributed to the expanding automobile market in India and China which has led to rising demand for compressor wheels. This is anticipated to propel the compressor wheel market across the region.
Global Compressor Wheel Market: Competitive Landscape
ABI Showatech (India) Private Limited
Founded in 1991, ABI Showatech (India) Private Limited is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. ABI manufactures master cylinders, wheel cylinders, other brake parts, and turbocharger components. It caters to both domestic as well as international automotive customers. ABI exports to North America, Europe, and the U.K.
Nelcon Motor Company
Incorporated in 2002, Nelcon Motor Company is a manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of turbocharger compressor wheel from India. The company specializes in designing and manufacturing of Turbocharger, Automobile Turbocharger, and Turbocharger Kits.
Jiangyin Uni-Pol Vacuum Casting India Pvt. Ltd.
Jiangyin Uni-Pol incorporated in 2005 as a joint venture between Polycast Ltd. INTL and Uni-Metal LTD China. Jiangyin Uni-Pol Vacuum Casting India Pvt. Ltd. incorporated and started its activity in 2009. It is headquartered in Maharashtra, India. It is a global company and a leader in turbine compressor wheel manufacturing. It offers its services to various industries including automotive, aerospace, and high precision industries.
Incorporated in 2002, E&E Turbo is located in Changzhou, Jiangsu province, China. The company is specialized in professional developing of turbocharger assemblies along with its component parts. E&E Turbo offers its services to a wide variety of industries such as marine, automotive, train, air, and industrial. It has a wide range of product line including compressor wheel, turbine wheel, complete turbo, repair kit, cartridge (CHRA, core assy.), turbine housing, bearing housing, nozzle ring, actuator, and compressor cover.
Other Key players operating in the global compressor wheel market include:
- Turbotech Precision Products Ltd
- UACJ Corporation
- Doncasters Group Ltd
- Melett Ltd.
- ABI Showatech (I) Private Limited
- Wabtec Corporation
Global Compressor Wheel Market: Segmentation
The global compressor wheel market can be segmented on the basis of:
Global Compressor Wheel Market Segmentation – By Type
- Aluminum Compressor Wheel
- Titanium Compressor Wheel
- Stainless Steel Compressor Wheel
- Twin Blade Compressor Wheel
Global Compressor Wheel Market Segmentation – By Diameter
20 mm – 40 mm
40 mm – 60 mm
More than 60 mm
Global Compressor Wheel Market Segmentation – By Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.