Complex Fertilizers: Introduction
- Complex or compound fertilizers are formed by blending two or more kinds of macronutrient fertilizers. They are used to provide crops with the appropriate level of fertility. The complex fertilizers market has been expanding at a promising pace sine the last years due to rising industrialization, urbanization, energy consumption, and conversion of arable land into commercial landscape.
- Farmers are being educated regarding the use of proper fertilizers depending on the nutrient makeup of the soil, the crop being planted, and the kinds of pests most commonly affecting crops in their surroundings as proper fertility of the soil is an important aspect that ensures sustainable agricultural production.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Complex Fertilizers Market
- Rise in global population and increase in need to attain sustainable agricultural produce are key factors driving the global complex fertilizers market. Significant rise in global population and urban settings and decline in arable land are resulting in a scenario where the demand for food products is straining the present agricultural yield trends. The scenario is much more demanding in developing countries across regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Africa, which, owing to the increased focus on industrial development as a way to progress economically, require millions of hectares of land if the food demand of the rising population are to be met.
- Mass deforestation for setting up industrial, residential, and commercial locales are also leading to the destruction of vast areas of arable lands, thereby negatively affecting the overall production capacity of countries in these regions. Demand for complex fertilizers is likely to rise to ease the situation and bring about an improvement in the productivity of the arable land. However, increase in demand for organic fertilizers and stringent regulations that have banned several harmful fertilizers in various regions and countries are likely to hamper the market.
Complex Fertilizers Market: Segments
- The complex fertilizers market can be segmented based on type, form, crop type, mode of application, and region
- Based on type, the global complex fertilizers market can be bifurcated into complete complex fertilizers and incomplete complex fertilizers. The complete complex fertilizers segment can be further divided into N-P-K (12-32-16), N-P-K (10-26-26), N-P-K (15-15-15), and others. The incomplete complex fertilizers segment can be further categorized into potassium nitrate (13-0-45), monoammonium phosphate (11-52-0), diammonium phosphate (18-46-0), monopotassium phosphate (0-52-34), and others.
- In terms of crop type, the complex fertilizers market can be segregated into oilseeds and pulses, cereals, fruits and vegetables, and others
- Based on form, the complex fertilizers market can be divided into liquid and granular
- Based on mode of application, the complex fertilizers market can be classified into fertigation and foliar
COVID-19 Impact on Complex Fertilizers Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This has adversely affected the global complex fertilizers market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Complex Fertilizers Market
- In terms of geography, the global complex fertilizers market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is one of the highly lucrative regions of the complex fertilizers market. The regional market is predicted to register a promising CAGR over the forecast period. Vast population, constant erosion of arable land, increase in awareness among farmers regarding the available fertilizers and their proper usage, and rise in demand for advanced irrigation systems are expected to be the key drivers of the complex fertilizers market in Asia Pacific over the said period. China’s role as a leading producer as well as consumer of complex fertilizers is also likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe held key share of the global market in 2020 due to the rise in demand for complex fertilizers in agricultural activities in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Complex Fertilizers
- The global complex fertilizers market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global complex fertilizers market include:
- Yara International ASA
- The Mosaic Company
- Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
- PJSC PhosAgro, CF Industries Holdings Inc.
- Haifa Chemicals Ltd.
- Israel Chemicals Limited
- Adventz Group
- Eurochem Group AG.
Global Complex Fertilizers Market: Research Scope
Global Complex Fertilizers Market, by Type
- Complete Complex Fertilizers
- N-P-K (12-32-16)
- N-P-K (10-26-26)
- N-P-K (15-15-15)
- Incomplete Complex Fertilizers
- Potassium Nitrate (13-0-45)
- Monoammonium Phosphate (11-52-0)
- Diammonium Phosphate (18-46-0)
- Monopotassium Phosphate (0-52-34)
Global Complex Fertilizers Market, by Form
Global Complex Fertilizers markets Market, by Crop Type
- Oilseeds and Pulses
- Fruits and Vegetables
Global Complex Fertilizers markets Market, by Mode of Application
Global Complex Fertilizers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.