Commercial Glazing Market: Overview
- Commercial glazing is a glazing system installed in commercial buildings. It is a double- or triple-layered glass. Commercial glazing helps control pollution, heat, and emission of CO2 as well as black carbon. Changes in climate strongly influence the energy used in the building sector.
- Demand for cooling increases as climate gets warm, while demand for heating rises as climate becomes cold. Commercial glazing helps maintain the body temperature of humans and save energy. Installation of commercial glazing glass reduces the need for air-conditioners, which emit carbon dioxide. This, in turn, reduces pollution. It also saves electricity and ultimately energy.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Commercial Glazing Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Commercial Glazing Market
- The global commercial glazing market is driven by the increase in urbanization and globalization; and rise in trend of green buildings. Demand for commercial glazing varies according to geography, lifestyle, culture, climate, and level of development.
- Increase in population and urbanization leads to pollution and higher usage of energy. Commercial glazing helps reduce pollution as well as usage of energy by maintaining temperatures and lowering the use of pollution-causing appliances such as air-conditioners, refrigerators, and heaters.
High Cost Associated with Production of Commercial Glazing Likely to Hamper Market
- Technologies used for the production of commercial glazing are complicated and expensive. It is difficult for the new player to enter into the market due to this criticalities.
- Low automation of the production process and high energy consumption result in high production cost of commercial glazing. This is restraining the global commercial glazing market.
Glass Commercial Glazing Held Major Share of Commercial Glazing Market
- Based on material, the global commercial glazing market can be segmented into glass, plastic, acrylic, and polycarbonate. Glass is a popular and traditional material used for commercial glazing. Glass used for glazing is double or triple glazed to give added benefits of thermal performance and acoustic insulating properties.
- Plastic helps save cost and energy, as different types of plastics provide different optical benefits. Acrylic provides more benefits than glass; it is 50 times stronger than glass and half its weight. Lighter the material more easy it is to handle.
Outdoor Glazing to Boost Demand for Commercial Glazing
- In terms of application, the global commercial glazing market can be bifurcated into indoor and outdoor. The indoor segment includes mirrors, furniture & cladding, acoustic glass, glass floors, partitions, balustrades, and others. In indoor applications, glazing helps limit natural heating from the sun and maintain temperature inside the building. Lighting, computers and other equipment create more heat than the outside temperature.
- The outdoor segment comprises solar panels, windows, teller & drive-thru windows, and atriums. Glazing does not allow the temperature to enter the room or building. It absorbs and reflects it on to the environment.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Commercial Glazing Market
- Based on region, the global commercial glazing market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to the high demand for commercial glazing in the building & construction industry in the region. The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is estimated to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to the growth in the building & construction industry.
- The market in North America is projected to expand during the forecast period, led by high demand for window glazing in the U.S. and Canada. The commercial glazing market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Commercial Glazing Market here
Key Players in Global Commercial Glazing Market
The global commercial glazing market is majorly driven by the top manufacturers, which account for approximately 50% share of the market. Major players operating in the global commercial glazing market include:
- Saint-Gobain Glass
- Central Glass
- Xinyi Glass
- Kibing Group
- Cardinal Glass Industries Ubbink (UK)
- English Architectural Glazing
- Duplus Architectural Systems
- Boon Edam UK Brett Martin Daylight System
Global Commercial Glazing Market: Research Scope
Global Commercial Glazing Market, by Material
Global Commercial Glazing Market, by Application
- Furniture & Cladding
- Acoustic Glass
- Glass Floors
- Solar Panels
- Drive-thru Windows
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.