Landing gear is the under carriage of a spacecraft or aircraft that is used for either landing or take-off. When the aircraft is not flying the landing gear supports the craft, thereby allowing it to land, take-off and taxi without any damage. Generally wheels are used which floats, skids, skis and combination of these and other elements are arrayed depending upon the surface and on whether the craft operates vertically only or is likely to taxi along the surface. The faster aircraft usually have retractable undercarriages that folds away during the flight to decrease the drag or air resistance. The landing gears are typically designed to upkeep the vehicle only post flight and are not used for surface movement or takeoff.
Aircraft landing gear supports the complete load of an air craft in the course of ground operations and landing. The landing gear are attached to main structural members of the aircraft. The type of gear relies on the aircraft’s intended use and design. Majority of the landing gear have wheels to aid operation to and from solid surfaces like airport runways.
Commercial aircraft landing gear market is growing due to the growing need for new advanced aircrafts coupled with speedy growth in the global air traffic industry. This is one of the most significant systems mounted on an airplane since the landing gear supports the complete load of the aircraft during landing and take-off.
Price drop in air fare because of the low price of oil has fortified people to travel more via air. The upsurge in air traffic has led to rise of new airline services that is likely to drive the market growth of commercial aircraft landing gears market during and over the forecast period.
Reduction in weight is required in order to achieve optimum ratio between range and payload for an air plane. Aerospace companies are developing advanced lightweight landing gears that is likely to help them not compromise on safety. Demand of light weight landing gear system are fuelling the demand of aircraft landing gear market since the aircraft companies need to reduce the overall weight of the airplane to increase the fuel efficiency.
Increasing demand of military unmanned aerial vehicles and aircrafts is acting as one of the important driver in the global market and the impact of this factor is likely to be high during the forecast period.
Lack of relevant proper safety regulations and strict regulations are the major hindrance to global development of the industry. Additionally, the cost of research and development to improve these products is likely to be the restraining factor in the global commercial aircraft landing gear market during the forecast period.
Emerging aircraft manufacturers in the region of Latin America and Asia Pacific is likely to be one of the important opportunities in the global commercial aircraft landing gear market during the forecast period.
The global commercial aircraft landing gear market is segmented based on type into nose landing gear and main landing gear. Based on platform, the market is bifurcated into rotary wing and fixed wing. On the basis of application, the market is segregated into business, military and commercial. Based on the aircraft type the market is bifurcated into narrow body aircraft, wide body aircraft, regional transport aircraft and very large aircraft.
The geographic split of the commercial aircraft landing gear market includes North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. North America had the highest market revenue share and is expected to remain the dominant market during the forecast period followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some of the key players in the commercial aircraft landing gear market are Liebherr-International AG, Circor International, Inc., Magellan Aerospace Corporation, United Technologies Corporation, Safran S.A., Héroux-Devtek Inc., Triumph Group Inc., AAR Corp., GKN Aerospace Services Ltd. and SPP Canada Aircraft, Inc. among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.