Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market: Highlights
- Colorless polyimides provide excellent thermo-mechanical properties, have high chemical resistance, and are also optically transparent. These properties are suitable for manufacturing electronics such as flexible displays, flexible printed circuit boards, and lighting equipment.
- Colorless polyimides are used in a wide range of applications including flexible printed circuit boards, lighting equipment, flexible displays, and flexible solar cells
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market
- Growth in the global electrical & electronics industry is driving the colorless polyimide films market. The electronics industry in India is considered one of the fastest-growing industries in terms of production and export.
- According to the International Data Corporation's (IDC) Asia/Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, demand for smartphones in India has increased significantly of late. In the second quarter of 2019, smartphone shipments in India rose to 36.9 million, up from 32.1 million in the second quarter of 2018. Thus, expansion in the electronics industry, particularly in India and China, is anticipated to propel the colorless polyimide films market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market: End-use Industry Segment
- Based on end-use industry, the global colorless polyimide films market can be divided into electronics, solar, medical, and others
- The electronics segment is projected to account for major share of the global colorless polyimide films market during the forecast period
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, solar and medical segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- The others segments is anticipated to expand at a moderate to high pace across the globe in the near future
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market: Strategic Outlook
- In July 2018, Kolon Industries Inc. began mass production of its innovative colorless polyimide films under the brand name Kolon CPI. The company invested US$ 80 Mn in the development and construction of a production line at its manufacturing plant in Gumi, Gyeongbuk province, South Korea. By commencing production, Kolon Industries marked itself as the frontrunner in the colorless polyimide films market with the ability to adequately cater to the electronics market in South Korea.
- In March 2019, Kaneka Corporation developed colorless polyimide films for flexible electroluminescent (EL) displays. The company expects the market for colorless polyimide films to expand due to the emergence of next-generation electronic devices, which would result in increased demand for flexible displays.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market
- In terms of region, the global colorless polyimide films market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumption of colorless polyimide films is much higher in Asia Pacific than that in other regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds major share of the global market. It is followed by North America and Europe.
- China is a prominent country of the colorless polyimide films market in Asia Pacific. It held major share of the market in terms of volume and value in 2018. India also constituted significant share of the colorless polyimide films market in 2018. The usage of colorless polyimide films in electronic applications is expected to drive the market in the country.
- North America also held vital share of the global colorless polyimide films market in 2018. Superior end-use industry growth and increase in number of domestic players are factors driving the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global colorless polyimide films market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd.
- SK Innovation Co., Ltd
- Kolon Industries Inc.
- Kaneka Corporation
- Wuxi Shunxuan New Materials Co., Ltd.
- NeXolve Holding Company
- Industrial Summit Technology
- Wuhan Imide New Materials Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market, by Application Industry
- Flexible Printed Circuit Boards
- Lighting Equipment
- Flexible Displays
- Flexible Solar Cells
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market, by End-use Industry
Global Colorless Polyimide Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.