Color Concentrates Market: Additive Masterbatches
- Color concentrates are used in plastic polymers to give color to plastic, which are bland and boring.
- Color concentrates are used in the form of solid color and additive masterbatches. The color concentrates offers various significant advantages such as better performance, storage, cleanliness, and ease of use offer various significant advantages over pre-colored resins, liquid colors or raw pigments in most plastic applications.
- Color concentrates are also used in liquid form and added accurately in small amounts in the manufacturing of plastic products
- In terms of application, packaging is the leading segment of the global color concentrates market. Different color packaging of bottles, containers, cosmetic tubes, bags, caps, etc., use color concentrates to distinguish products and offer an attractive look to the products.
- Color concentrates are used to color automotive parts and appliances, and flexible food & beverages packaging.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Color Concentrates Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers for Global Color Concentrates Market
- The global color concentrates market is driven by the increase in use of aesthetics packaging industry. Rise in demand for packaged food is augmenting the demand for color concentrates in packaging industry.
- The global color concentrates market is also driven by the increase in demand for plastic materials, as these materials have superior characteristics, including heat resistance, chemical stability, and can easily blended in plastics.
Automotive Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Automotive segment is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for color concentrate manufacturers in the near future. The scenario of automotive industry is going to change after 2020, and most of the vehicles are going to be electric vehicles.
- Electric vehicles mainly consists of plastics and composites. Moreover, metal parts are being replaced by plastic components, thus augmenting the use of color concentrates in vehicles.
Non-recyclability of Plastics to Hamper Market
- The major challenge currently being faced by companies is recycling of plastics. Color concentrates are blended into plastics, which cannot be recycled. Only 9% of the global plastics is recycled, while others are disposed in landfills.
- Increase in cost of color matching is hampering the demand for color concentrates. Moreover, it is not suitable for use in some applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Color Concentrates Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Color Concentrates Market
- The global color concentrates market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of color concentrates, followed by North America and Europe. In Asia Pacific, China is estimated to be the most prominent market for color concentrates due to the increase in demand from various end-use industries. India, Japan, Indonesia, and Thailand are the main countries contributing to the growth of the color concentrates market in Asia Pacific.
- The global color concentrates market is expanding in North America due to brand development activities, innovation, and favorable environment to develop products with enhanced properties.
- Europe also holds a significant share of the global color concentrates market due to the presence of major players, such as BASF SE, and Penn Colors, in the region
- Rise in imports of color concentrates in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to their excellent cleaning properties is likely to boost its demand in these regions
Key Market Players
The global color concentrates market is highly concentrated with leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 20%-30% share of the market. Key players operating in the color concentrates market include:
- Plastics Color Corporation
- Chroma Color Corporation
- Mexichem Specialty Compounds Inc.
- Penn Color Inc.
- COLOR MASTER INC
- Colortech Inc.
- Teknor Apex
- Ampacet Corporation
- RTP Company
- PolyOne Corporation
- A. Schulman
Global Color Concentrates Market: Research Scope
Global Color Concentrates Market, by Polymer
- Engineering plastics
- Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE)
Global Color Concentrates Market, by Technology
- Injection molding
- Blow molding
Global Color Concentrates Market, by Application
- Consumer products
- Medical & healthcare
- Electrical & electronics
- Building & construction
Global Color Concentrates Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.