Collision Avoidance Sensor Market
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market (Technology: Radar, LiDAR, Ultrasound, and Others; Application: Object Detection, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking Assistance, and Others; and End-use Industry: Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Marine, Warehousing & Logistics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019- 2027
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 225 Pages
Omnidirectional Vision Drones Show Promising Potential in Tracking People and Subjects
Drones with obstacle detection and collision avoidance sensors are becoming increasingly commonplace in consumer and professional sectors. Since the collision avoidance sensor market is highly fragmented with five leading industry players accounting for ~25% of the market stake, startups are increasing their efforts to develop drones with multiple direction obstacle avoidance sensors. For instance, DJI-a supplier of easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems, has gained expertise in the development of drones with multiple direction obstacle detection and collision avoidance technology.
Software algorithms and the SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) technology are some of the key drivers powering the collision avoidance sensor market. Companies are increasing their R&D activities to develop sensors with overlapping visual sensing in order to facilitate full obstacle detection. Novel collision avoidance sensors are being integrated with omnidirectional vision. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop drones that track people and subjects.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Collision Avoidance Sensor Market
Companies Combining Lane Departure Warning Systems with Cutting-edge Collision Avoidance Sensors
Leading automobile companies are always focused on introducing new and better ways to make driving safer. Hence, companies in the collision avoidance sensor market are teaming up with dedicated engineers and designers to develop technologically smart cars. For instance, leading automobile manufacturer Hyundai has integrated its Hyundai SmartSense™ in vehicles comprising cameras, sensors, and alarms that help occupants achieve improved driving.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Smart sensor systems possess advantageous attributes such as smart cruise control, lane keeping assist, and driver attention warning to keep a watchful eye on vehicle passengers and other road users. This explains why the revenue of lane departure warning system application segment is estimated for exponential growth in the collision avoidance sensor market. The global market is expected to reach ~US$ 12 Bn by 2027. Key drivers such as the introduction of side mirror cameras are generating value-grab opportunities for companies in the collision avoidance sensor market.
Real-time Obstacle Detection Using Monocular Vision Steers Innovation in UAVs
Apart from automotive and warehousing industries, companies in the collision avoidance sensor market are generating revenue streams in the aerospace & defense sector. As such, the market is expected to expand at rapid CAGR of 13% during the forecast period. However, real-time obstacle detection in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is challenged with several bottlenecks such as problems associated with flight control systems and the communication spectrum in UAVs.
Increased R&D activities in the field of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) has led to unprecedented growth of the collision avoidance sensor market. However, complete integration of manned-unmanned aviation is still at the nascent stage with limitations pertaining to sense-detect-and-avoid systems and unmanned aviation safety and reliability. Hence, companies are increasing their focus in real-time obstacle detection using monocular vision, which is also instrumental in innovations in collision avoidance sensors. Increasing emphasis on multi-rotor (quadrotor) UAVs is another key driver contributing to market growth. Collision avoidance sensors are playing a pivotal role in manned aviation collision avoidance frameworks, since these frameworks are fully developed and the technology standards continue to improve.
Winning Imperatives: Mobile Robots Integrated with ToF Technology
Mobile robots are being highly publicized, owing to their advantages of maximizing operational efficiency. Hence, companies in the collision avoidance sensor market are increasing their research spending to develop flexible Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor arrays that can offer an easy and cost-effective solution to ensure safety and reliability of mobile robots.
Automation and robotics are the main topics shaping the future of operational efficiency. Mobile robots are anticipated to become increasingly mainstream in warehouses and laboratories in the coming years. This is evident since the revenue of warehousing & logistic end-use industry segment is predicted for significant growth in the market for collision avoidance sensor. Hence, anti-collision systems are being integrated with the ToF technology, which helps to send continuous and modulated light and measures if the robot tracks any obstacles. Companies in the collision avoidance sensor market are increasing their focus in ToF sensor modules, which serve as a cost-efficient solution for multi-directional detection of obstacles using 2D lasers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Collision Avoidance Sensor Market
Apart from radar and LiDAR technologies, companies in the collision avoidance sensor market are leveraging opportunities in electro-optic sensors to steer innovations in USVs (Unmanned Surface Vessels). Although military applications are dominating the market landscape, analysts of Transparency Market Research opine that UASs will be more prominent in civilian and public domain applications.
The development of next-gen radars, cameras, and ultrasonic systems is taking place at an unprecedented speed. However, a real-time and streamlined communication between different systems pose as a challenge for companies. Hence, companies should spatially, geometrically, and temporally align data streams to obtain the best of multimodal data fusion in order to make autonomous vehicles highly safe, reliable, and accurate.
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global collision avoidance sensor market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, increase in investments in building and infrastructure sectors to construct attractive and complex-shaped buildings at an affordable cost and in less time is expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global collision avoidance sensor market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 12 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 13% throughout the forecast period
Increased Sales of Automobiles with Collision Avoidance Sensors and Safety Systems: A Key Driver
- Technological advancements, growing concerns about safety, and rising purchasing power of buyers for premium cars as well as autonomous cars are increasing the sale of high-end and medium-range vehicles worldwide
- This advanced class of vehicles consisting of anti-collision sensors with different technologies such as radar, LiDAR, and ultrasound comprises advanced driver assistant systems such as brake assists, forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot detection, automatic high beams, and backup cameras
- The European Union has already mandated the use of autonomous emergency braking systems, lane-departure warning systems, electronic stability controls, and automatic brake systems in its vehicles
- Thus, owing to increasing demand for autonomous vehicles, automobile manufacturers across the world are significantly investing in R&D activities and introducing innovative features in functions such as monitoring, warning, steering, and braking for differentiation of product from its competitors
Government Regulations about Safety and Frequency: Latest Market Trend
- The two frequencies commonly used in radar applications are 24 GHz and 77 GHz. With several regulations about radar sensors, the market is shifting toward 77-GHz radars, with a variety of benefits accompanying this shift in both automotive and industrial sectors
- The frequency band of 24 GHz consists an ISM (industrial, scientific, and medical) band from 24.0 GHz to 24.25 GHz, which is commonly known as narrow band, having bandwidth of 250 MHz. This band type also includes 5-GHz wide band (ultra-wide band) and it is used for basic applications such as blind spot detection. Use of narrow band can be appropriate, but applications based on short frequency range requires ultra-wide band (UWB) devices for long-range resolution.
- The short range and the lack of wide bandwidth make the 24 GHz band unattractive for implementation in new radar systems. The need for high performance in emerging radar applications adds to this. Thus, from 2022, owing to spectrum regulations and standards developed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the ultra-wide band (UWB) is expected to be completely phased out.
- The 77–81 GHz band has gained significant traction from the perspective of worldwide regulations as well as adoption among industries. Availability of wide sweep bandwidth of up to 4 GHz in this band makes it attractive for use in applications requiring long-range resolution. Thus, most 24-GHz automotive radar sensors are likely to shift toward the 77 GHz band in the near future.
- Owing to this, the demand for developing high-resolution millimeter wave radar systems of 77-GHz band has increased significantly among automobile manufacturers to provide customers with high-end vehicles with highly efficient and accurate accidental avoidance systems. This factor can drive the global collision avoidance sensor market during the forecast period.
Bad Weather Conditions and Barriers for Sensing: Major Challenge for Global Market
- Collision avoidance sensors, including radar, LiDAR, ultrasonic, and other anti-crash and block hole detection systems, offer various advantages. On the other hand, the performance of these sensors can be affected by certain factors that are affecting the sensing of these devices. Due to snow, ice, or salt grimes/dirt gathers on cars, several of the sensors that are key to the operation of advanced safety systems can get blocked and shut down. This is a major restraint faced by collision avoidance sensors during their use.
- A few other obstructing factors for use of sensors and cameras can be sensor location and its cleaning, blind-spot monitoring systems installed outside of cars, and effect of ice, snow, salt, or dirt
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of collision avoidance sensors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global collision avoidance sensor market are
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Rockwell Collins
- General Electric Company
- Continental AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG.
- Magna International Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductor
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of collision avoidance sensors, such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Infineon Technologies AG, and Magna International Inc., are focusing on the construction of cost-effective collision avoidance sensors so as to attract more number of customers. Some other key developments in the global collision avoidance sensor market are:
- In 2018, Robert Bosch GmbH published a research report on how ‘Advanced Rider Assistance Systems’ can prevent road accidents by using radar-based assistance systems, which consist of adaptive cruise control (ACC), forward collision warning system, blind-spot detection, and other sensors
- In November 2014, Magna International Inc. launched the EYERIS Gen 2.5 vision system, with newly introduced features such as lane keeping assistance, glare-free high beam, and collision mitigation as well as increased memory and processing power
- In the report on the global collision avoidance sensor market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of collision avoidance sensor systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global collision avoidance sensor market.
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global collision avoidance sensor market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global collision avoidance sensor market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global collision avoidance sensor market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global collision avoidance sensor market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global collision avoidance sensor market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global collision avoidance sensor market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global collision avoidance sensor market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Global Collision Avoidance Sensor Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global collision avoidance sensor market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trend in technology on the global collision avoidance sensor market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of collision avoidance sensor in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global collision avoidance sensor market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global collision avoidance sensor market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global collision avoidance sensor market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global collision avoidance sensor market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global collision avoidance sensor market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global collision avoidance sensor market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global collision avoidance sensor market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global collision avoidance sensor market more reliable and accurate.
Collision Avoidance Sensor Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global collision avoidance sensor market divides the market based on technology, application, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global collision avoidance sensor market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.
Blind Spot Detection
Lane Departure Warning System
Adaptive Cruise Control
Automotive (Including Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles)
Aerospace & Defense
Warehousing & Logistics
Middle East & Africa