Collagen Supplements Market: Introduction
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body made up of chains of amino acids. It is continually produced in the body and forms the structural framework, providing strength and tensile properties to tissues such as skin, bone, cartilage, tendons, and to muscles and organs.
Key Drivers of the Global Collagen Supplements Market
- Rising product usage for making food and beverages is anticipated to drive the demand for collagen supplements across the globe. A growing healthcare sector is likely to propel the overall growth of the collagen supplements market. As per the United Nations (UN) data of population, Europe has the highest aging population in the world, where one in four Europeans are aged around 60 years. Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and Denmark, among others, are some of the prime European countries with the largest proportion of aging population.?
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global collagen supplements market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the collagen supplements market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the collagen supplements market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America collagen supplements market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness huge growth rate in the collagen supplements market during the forecast years, owing to the rising consumption of cosmetics and healthcare products in the region. The surge in investments by manufacturers, along with growth in consumer consciousness about skin health benefits connected with collagen, has led well-known supplement manufacturers to expand their product line with the introduction of collagen-infused products across the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The collagen supplements market is fragmented with the presence of various companies owing to rising awareness about the advantages of collagen via several mediums. Prominent players follow the strategy of acquisitions and mergers, and new product launch to expand across regions. Moreover, product innovation in terms of format and flavor is one of the main strategies implemented by companies to sustain in the aggressive market. Key players are increasing their investments in R&D activities to meet the constant demand for skincare collagen supplements, thus introducing a modern product range to gain an edge over competitors.
For instance, in November 2020, Life Extension launched the new Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplement called Collagen Peptides for skin and joints. It is a convenient daily collagen supplement that mixes easily with water or with a favorite nutritious drink. This collagen supplement consists of collagen types I, II, and III.
A few of the key players operating in the global collagen supplements market are:
- Everest NeoCell LLC
- Gelita AG
- Hunter & Gather Foods Ltd
- Nippi Inc.
- Nitta gelatin,Inc.
- Nutraformis Limited
- Revive Naturals LLC
- Shiseido Co. Limited
- The Nature's Bounty Co.
- Vital Proteins LLC
Global Collagen Supplements Market: Research Scope
Global Collagen Supplements Market, by Type
- Powdered Supplements
- Capsules and Gummies
- Drinks and Shots
- Other Forms
Global Collagen Supplements Market, by Source
Global Collagen Supplements Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Nutritional Products
- Snacks & Cereals
- Dairy Products
- Meat & Poultry
- Bakery & Confectionery Products
- Pharmaceutical Healthcare
- Others (Photography, etc.)
Global Collagen Supplements Market, by Price
Global Collagen Supplements Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Large Format Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Pharma Stores