Collagen Peptides Market: Introduction
Collagen peptides are collagen sources which are easily digestible, highly bio-active and cold-soluble. These peptides are derived by breaking down the molecular bonds between individual collagen strands. It is an irreversibly hydrolyzed form of collagen, in which hydrolysis results in a reduction of protein fibrils into smaller peptides, which usually has a wide range of molecular weight linked with physical and chemical methods of denaturation.
Collagen ingestion guarantees the elasticity, durability, and regeneration of hair, skin, cartilage, tendon, joint, and bone. Collagen peptides occur naturally in animal tissue and cell extracellular matrix. The use of collagen peptides is mainly in the fortification of food products, in cosmetics or consumption in the form of supplements.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Consumer’s Inclination Towards Healthy Lifestyles is Driving the Market
Increasing consumer health consciousness due to prevalence of various diseases, nutritional deficiencies and a desire for healthy aging among other factors has led to increased market demand for functional and enhanced food and beverage products. Increased consumer awareness for nutrition has resulted in demand for food products with specific functionalities that will meet their needs and help address different aspects of health.
Collagen peptide has vast use in sports nutrition and nutraceuticals. It is now also being used in functional food products, and is mixed in various beverages, ice creams, smoothies and shakes to give an anti-inflammatory protein boost. Collagen peptides has good taste, organoleptic characteristics, is odor-free and at the same time allows the food product to retain its quality.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Collagen Peptides Market: Segmentation
The collagen peptides market is segmented on the basis of source and applications.
On the basis of source, the global collagen peptides market is segmented as-
- Cattle hide & bones
- Poultry & fish
On the basis of application, the global collagen peptides market is segmented as-
- Nutritional products
- Sports nutrition
- Dietary supplements
- Carbonated beverages
- Non- carbonated beverages
- Others (alcoholic beverages and fruit juices)
- Dairy products
- Others (Cream and Ice cream)
- Meat & poultry products
- Snacks & cereal
- Personal Care Products
- Others (bakery products, confectionery products, and desserts)
Collagen Peptides Market: Key Players
Some of the leading players of global collagen peptides market include Amicogen, Inc., BioCell Technology, LLC, Capsugel Belgium NV, Catalent, Inc., ChinaTech Peptide Co. Ltd., Gelita AG, Norland Products Inc, Rousselot, Roxlor Group, Weishardt International, and Other Companies.
The key market players focus on key market strategies including mergers, acquisitions, alliances, and joint ventures. They also aim to strengthen their business presence in order to safeguard their reputation in the competitive market.
Collagen Peptides Market: Opportunities
The increasing use of collagen in the food & beverage, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries to boost the nutritional value in the end product primarily drives the growth of the global market for collagen peptides. North America is expected to be the leading region in terms of consumption globally for collagen peptides.
Owing to the rapidly increasing beauty industry demands for collagen peptides is increasing. Furthermore, the expanding population and changing lifestyle is expected to increase usage of beauty products involving collagen peptides, thereby boosting market growth. In addition, growing awareness of well-being and wrinkle-free skin and increasing awareness of the benefits of collagen peptide products over personal health care is expected to be driving the market.
However, the formulation of strict food safety laws due to concerns about the safety of collagen-based products, thus reducing the use of collagen substances, restricts the market for collagen-based peptides. In addition, increasing research and development activities for the development of new drug compositions and favorable restrictions for regenerative medicinal use are anticipated to deliver more opportunities for the major players in the collagen peptide market.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the collagen peptides market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, source and application of the collagen peptides market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Collagen Peptides Market Report:
- An overview of the global collagen peptides market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the collagen peptides market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the collagen peptides market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial collagen peptides segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the collagen peptides, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of collagen peptides market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the collagen peptides market.
Regional Analysis of the Collagen Peptides Market Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, U.K., BENELUX, Nordic, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the collagen peptides market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the collagen peptides market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of collagen peptides.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.