Cold storage is one kind of operational mode of data storage system for inactive data. This storage system includes disaster recovery, backup, archiving and social media. As enterprise experience dramatic growth in data generation, the strategy for storing/backup of data leads to increase in the overall cost for maintaining data. To overcome this situation, cold storage data centers offers low cost, durability, data recovery and high capacity for storage. The data which is to be stored in cold storage data center is stored according to date and time it was last accessed and it also displays the requested data on immediate basis based.
Cold storage data center provides similar requirement as of any other normal storage devices but enterprises are likely to continue to adopt cloud storage based services as they provide the much needed storage space for storing data which may become a restraint factor for the growth of cold storage data center market. The large amount of data is stored in public and private cloud storage which results in increased cost since single high performance storage tier is used for storage. The cost can be reduced by moving data in low cost cold storage data center and hence may become one of the driving factors.
The storage efficiency for unstructured data which includes media contents namely; images, audio and video files consume vast amount of storage capacity. For example; social media sites experience that recently uploaded photos are viewed on frequent basis compared to past photos/album uploaded. Hence, depending upon the usage, the desired photos/albums can be stored in cold storage data center in sorted order and can be later on retrieved as and when required.
The Application of cold storage data center currently includes; media & entertainment, BFSI, healthcare, government, ecommerce, legal, education and IT sectors. The key players for cold storage data center market includes; Amazon Web Services, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Intel Corporation, Enhance Technology Inc. and Google, Inc. (Google cloud platform).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.