Coke Oven Batteries Market: Introduction
- Coke oven batteries form an integral part of the coke oven plant. Coke oven battery is a group of ovens, wherein coal is heated to extremely high temperatures in the absence of air.
- Coke oven battery includes battery machines along with a group of coke ovens. Charging of coal into oven and discharging of coke from oven is carried out by charging machine car, pusher machine car, and hot coke car, which are collectively battery machines.
- The latest technological developments are employed in coke oven batteries to assure long campaign life and high productivity. Coke oven batteries comply with the most advanced standards in terms of pollution control.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Coke Oven Batteries Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Different Types of Coke Oven Batteries
- There are two types of coke oven batteries: top charging and stamp charging. Depending on customers’ needs and requests, companies provide the technology for coke oven batteries.
- Coke oven batteries, which are based on top charging, have an oven height of 7.6m and a volume of 79m3. The number of possible fugitive emission sources is reduced in coke oven batteries compared to those in conventional batteries. These emissions primarily occur from leaks at the closed openings of coke oven batteries or are non-captured emissions during the pushing & charging operation.
- Coke oven batteries, which are based on stamp charging, offer substantial benefits for cost-effective coke production. The stamp charging type coke oven batteries distinguish themselves by a particularly strong battery structure, optimized combustion, and specifically developed features for environmental protection.
Steel Industry Dominates Coke Oven Batteries Market
- Based on application, coke oven batteries are primarily used in the steel industry.
- Steel is further used in applications in building & construction, transport, electronics, domestic appliances, and mechanical equipment
- More than 50% of the steel produced worldwide is used in the building & construction industry. Rise in population is leading to rapid urbanization. The need for buildings and infrastructure is expected to continue to increase in the near future. Steelmakers around the world are increasingly providing construction solutions that enable energy-efficient and low-carbon-neutral buildings, thus boosting the demand for coke oven batteries.
Key Drivers of Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- Coke oven batteries have become an integral part of the iron and steel industry. Led by the increase in demand for iron and steel, there has been a considerable rise in coke oven capacities. This has resulted in an increase in output of coal chemicals.
- Coke oven plants are integral part of a steel plant to produce coke, which is used as fuel in blast furnaces. Coke oven plant produces important by-products such as coal chemical tar, ammonia, crude benzoyl which are fractionated to produce aromatics-benzene toluene, xylene.
- Coke, which is used to fuel blast furnaces during the iron making process, is manufactured by baking coal at a high temperature in a series of ovens known as coke battery
Adverse Impact on Human and Environment to Hamper Market
- Coke oven batteries adversely impact the environment due to the large amount of emission of harmful gases. This is hampering the coke oven batteries market.
- Companies are constantly improving and developing technological tools and solutions, thus proposing a series of innovative special design features, which largely contribute to an emission-free and energy-saving coke plant operation
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Coke Oven Batteries Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- In terms of region, the global coke oven batteries market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of production and consumption, Asia Pacific dominates the global coke oven batteries market. Coke oven batteries are primarily employed in the steel industry. Steel demand in developing Asia excluding China is expected to rise by 6.5% and 6.4% in 2019 and 2020, respectively, making it the fastest growing region of the global steel industry.
- Infrastructure development is supporting the demand for steel in the ASEAN sub-region. Demand for coke oven batteries has been declining in South Korea since 2017, due to the decrease in demand from two major steel using sectors: shipbuilding and automotive.
- Europe also accounted for considerable share of the global coke oven batteries market in 2018. Middle East & Africa and Latin America are emerging regions of the global coke oven batteries market. The market in these regions is likely to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period. The coke oven batteries market in North America has been expanding at a rapid pace.
Key Players Operating in Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- New product launches, joint ventures, and expansions are key strategies adopted by major players operating in the global coke oven batteries market in various regions. More than 80% of all coke oven batteries around the world are operated with by-product units.
- In 2016, a newly rebuilt coke oven battery was brought back into production at the Coke Ovens Complex of Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) in Kolkata, India. The battery is likely to add to DSP’s overall coke output and improve the plant’s production.
- In 2018, The National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) commissioned its coke oven plant at the upcoming Nagarnar steel plant in Chhattisgarh. The new facility is expected to enhance the company’s production output.
Key players operating in the global coke oven batteries market are:
- Paul Wurth
- Graycor International Inc.
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Ingeteam Power Technology Industry
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd.
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Type
- Top Charging
- Stamp Charging
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Domestic Appliances
- Mechanical Equipment
- Others (Metal Products)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.