Coke Oven Batteries Market: Introduction
- Coke oven batteries form an integral part of the coke oven plant. Coke oven battery is a group of ovens, wherein coal is heated to extremely high temperatures in the absence of air.
- Coke oven battery includes battery machines along with a group of coke ovens. Charging of coal into oven and discharging of coke from oven is carried out by charging machine car, pusher machine car, and hot coke car, which are collectively battery machines.
- The latest technological developments are employed in coke oven batteries to assure long campaign life and high productivity. Coke oven batteries comply with the most advanced standards in terms of pollution control.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Coke Oven Batteries Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Different Types of Coke Oven Batteries
- There are two types of coke oven batteries: top charging and stamp charging. Depending on customers’ needs and requests, companies provide the technology for coke oven batteries.
- Coke oven batteries, which are based on top charging, have an oven height of 7.6m and a volume of 79m3. The number of possible fugitive emission sources is reduced in coke oven batteries compared to those in conventional batteries. These emissions primarily occur from leaks at the closed openings of coke oven batteries or are non-captured emissions during the pushing & charging operation.
- Coke oven batteries, which are based on stamp charging, offer substantial benefits for cost-effective coke production. The stamp charging type coke oven batteries distinguish themselves by a particularly strong battery structure, optimized combustion, and specifically developed features for environmental protection.
Steel Industry Dominates Coke Oven Batteries Market
- Based on application, coke oven batteries are primarily used in the steel industry.
- Steel is further used in applications in building & construction, transport, electronics, domestic appliances, and mechanical equipment
- More than 50% of the steel produced worldwide is used in the building & construction industry. Rise in population is leading to rapid urbanization. The need for buildings and infrastructure is expected to continue to increase in the near future. Steelmakers around the world are increasingly providing construction solutions that enable energy-efficient and low-carbon-neutral buildings, thus boosting the demand for coke oven batteries.
Key Drivers of Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- Coke oven batteries have become an integral part of the iron and steel industry. Led by the increase in demand for iron and steel, there has been a considerable rise in coke oven capacities. This has resulted in an increase in output of coal chemicals.
- Coke oven plants are integral part of a steel plant to produce coke, which is used as fuel in blast furnaces. Coke oven plant produces important by-products such as coal chemical tar, ammonia, crude benzoyl which are fractionated to produce aromatics-benzene toluene, xylene.
- Coke, which is used to fuel blast furnaces during the iron making process, is manufactured by baking coal at a high temperature in a series of ovens known as coke battery
Adverse Impact on Human and Environment to Hamper Market
- Coke oven batteries adversely impact the environment due to the large amount of emission of harmful gases. This is hampering the coke oven batteries market.
- Companies are constantly improving and developing technological tools and solutions, thus proposing a series of innovative special design features, which largely contribute to an emission-free and energy-saving coke plant operation
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Coke Oven Batteries Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- In terms of region, the global coke oven batteries market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of production and consumption, Asia Pacific dominates the global coke oven batteries market. Coke oven batteries are primarily employed in the steel industry. Steel demand in developing Asia excluding China is expected to rise by 6.5% and 6.4% in 2019 and 2020, respectively, making it the fastest growing region of the global steel industry.
- Infrastructure development is supporting the demand for steel in the ASEAN sub-region. Demand for coke oven batteries has been declining in South Korea since 2017, due to the decrease in demand from two major steel using sectors: shipbuilding and automotive.
- Europe also accounted for considerable share of the global coke oven batteries market in 2018. Middle East & Africa and Latin America are emerging regions of the global coke oven batteries market. The market in these regions is likely to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period. The coke oven batteries market in North America has been expanding at a rapid pace.
Key Players Operating in Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- New product launches, joint ventures, and expansions are key strategies adopted by major players operating in the global coke oven batteries market in various regions. More than 80% of all coke oven batteries around the world are operated with by-product units.
- In 2016, a newly rebuilt coke oven battery was brought back into production at the Coke Ovens Complex of Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) in Kolkata, India. The battery is likely to add to DSP’s overall coke output and improve the plant’s production.
- In 2018, The National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) commissioned its coke oven plant at the upcoming Nagarnar steel plant in Chhattisgarh. The new facility is expected to enhance the company’s production output.
Key players operating in the global coke oven batteries market are:
- Paul Wurth
- Graycor International Inc.
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Ingeteam Power Technology Industry
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd.
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Type
- Top Charging
- Stamp Charging
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Domestic Appliances
- Mechanical Equipment
- Others (Metal Products)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.