Coke Oven Batteries: Introduction
- Coke oven batteries form an integral part of the coke oven plant. Coke oven batteries are used in a group of ovens, wherein coal is heated to extremely high temperatures in the absence of air.
- Coke oven battery includes battery machines. Charging of coal into oven and discharging of coke from oven is carried out by charging machine car, pusher machine car, and hot coke car, which are collectively battery machines.
- The latest technological developments are employed in coke oven batteries to assure long campaign life and high productivity. Coke oven batteries comply with the advanced standards in terms of pollution control.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Coke Oven Batteries Market
- Coke oven batteries have become an integral part of the iron & steel industry. Led by the increase in demand for iron and steel, there has been a considerable rise in coke oven capacities. This has resulted in an increase in output of coal chemicals.
- Coke oven plants are integral part of steel plants. They help produce coke, which is used as fuel in blast furnaces. Coke oven plant produces important by-products such as coal chemical tar, ammonia, and crude benzoyl, which are fractionated to produce aromatics-benzene toluene and xylene.
- Coke, which is used to fuel blast furnaces during the iron making process, is manufactured by baking coal at a high temperature in a series of ovens known as coke batteries
- Coke oven batteries adversely impact the environment due to the large amount of emission of harmful gases. This is hampering the coke oven batteries market.
- Companies are constantly improving and developing technological tools and solutions, thus proposing a series of innovative special design features, which largely contribute to emission-free and energy-saving coke plant operations
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, steel production facilities had to halt their production. Disruption in operation of production facilities has hampered the demand for coke oven batteries. For instance, Steel Authority of India Ltd. has reduced production by 10%.
Steel Application Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global coke oven batteries market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the global coke oven batteries market can be divided into top charging and stamp charging. The stamp charging segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as stamp charging batteries offer substantial benefits for cost-effective coke production. The stamp charging type coke oven batteries distinguish themselves by a particularly strong battery structure, optimized combustion, and specifically developed features for environmental protection.
- Coke oven batteries are extensively used in the steel industry. Steel is further used in applications in building & construction, transport, electronics, domestic appliances, and mechanical equipment.
- More than 50% of the steel produced worldwide is used in the building & construction industry. Rise in population is leading to rapid urbanization. The need for buildings and infrastructure is expected to continue to increase in the near future. Steelmakers around the world are increasingly providing construction solutions that enable energy-efficient and low-carbon-neutral buildings, thus boosting the demand for coke oven batteries.
Asia Pacific Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Coke Oven Batteries Market
- In terms of region, the global coke oven batteries market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The coke oven batteries market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Coke oven batteries are primarily employed in the steel industry. Rise in demand for steel in several end-user industries in developing countries is a key factor augmenting the coke oven batteries market in Asia Pacific. Steel demand in developing countries Asia is expected to rise by 4.7% and 2.0% in 2021 and 2022, respectively, making it the fastest growing region of the global steel industry.
- Europe is likely to be a stable region of the global coke oven batteries market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to rise investment in development of residential & commercial buildings in NORDIC countries.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global coke oven batteries market include:
- Paul Wurth
- Graycor International Inc.
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Ingeteam Power Technology Industry
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd.
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Type
- Top Charging
- Stamp Charging
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by End-user
- Building & Construction
- Domestic Appliances
- Mechanical equipment
Global Coke Oven Batteries Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.