Cogan’s syndrome (CS) is a rare autoimmune disorder. It is a combination of vertigo, inflammation, and hearing loss. It generally affects the inner ears and eyes. Generally, 10% to 15% of people affected with Cogan’s syndrome experience vessel vasculitis inflammation. A research study in the Orphanet journal indicated that systemic manifestations may occur in more than 70% patients with the syndrome. Proximal aorta inflammation occurs in 10% of patients.
Cogan’s syndrome can affect a person of any age and race. It most frequently occurs in young adults in their late 20s or early 30s. The exact cause of Cogan’s syndrome is unknown. It is quite difficult to say that Cogan’s syndrome is cause by an autoimmune response that is responsible for an attack on the tissues of the eyes and ears. Most common sign and symptomless associated with Cogan’s syndrome are eyes redness, excessive tear production, irritation and pain, photophobia (sensitivity to light), tinnitus (ringing in the ears), sensorineural hearing loss, dizziness, and decreased vision. Ophthalmologists diagnose the swelling of specific tissues of the eyes for Cogan’s syndrome. Others disease such as Meniere disease, syphilis, Epstein-Barr virus, and Lyme disease have similar signs and symptoms. Doctors also recommended blood tests for a specific antibody to diagnose Cogan’s syndrome in some cases.
Health care professionals primarily observe the symptoms associated with Cogan’s syndrome. Based on symptoms, doctors or health care professionals recommended treatment. Corticosteroids or immunosuppressive agents are used as medications for the treatment of Cogan’s syndrome. In some cases, medication is not effective, and the syndrome can progress quickly. In these cases, the syndrome can lead to permanent hearing or vision loss. The percentage of permanent hearing loss is higher compared to that of permanent vision loss.
Major factors driving the Cogan’s syndrome market include a rise in the geriatric population and increase in awareness about the disease and treatment.
The Cogan's syndrome market can be segmented based on treatment, end-user, and region. Based on treatment, the Cogan's syndrome market can be categorized into medications and surgery. Corticosteroids and immunosuppressive agents are common medications for Cogan's syndrome. Immunosuppressive agents such as cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, methotrexate, infliximab, and azathioprine are preferred for treatment. The surgical process is reserved for patients who are unresponsive to medication.
In terms of end-user, the global Cogan's syndrome market can be segmented into hospitals, specialized clinics, and others. In terms of revenue, the hospitals segment held a significant share of the Cogan's syndrome market in 2017.
Based on region, the global Cogan's syndrome market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2017, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The U.S. held a major share of the market in North America in terms of revenue in 2017. The market in Asia Pacific is expanding rapidly due to an increase in the number of patients. Moreover, Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly attractive region of the cogan’s syndrome market in the near future. This is due to the presence of emerging economies such as India, China, and Japan. Furthermore, factors such as better health care infrastructure, economic growth, and rise in the number of insurance payers, expanding and developing private health care sector, and increase in disease awareness among people are expected to propel the market in the region.
Key players operating in the global Cogan's syndrome market include Mylan N.V., Sun Pharma Global Inc., Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc., Pfizer Inc., Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. Wockhardt Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, and AbbVie Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.