Coconut Activated Carbon Market: Introduction
- Activated carbon is a porous form of carbon. It can be manufactured from various carbonaceous raw materials such as pinewood, coconut shell, coal, peat, rice husk, lignite, saw dust, etc.
- Coconut activated carbon is produced from coconut shell in a two-step process. It includes carbonizing the shells and then activating the base material at high temperature of around 1,100°C in steam.
- Coconut activated carbons are least dusty and coconut activated carbon has maximum hardness. Moreover, Coconut activated carbon has excellent microporosity, along with a large surface area. Thus, it can be used in water and air purification applications and point-of-use water filters and respirators.
- Governments of different countries have imposed stringent air & water pollution and waste treatment norms due to increasing levels of pollution across the globe. This has boosted the demand for air and water purification plants. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the coconut activated carbon market due to its efficient performance and its renewable source of raw material i.e. coconut shell.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Coconut Activated Carbon Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Water & Waste Water Management Systems to Drive Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market
- Coconut activated carbon removes particulate and dissolves impurities in water. It can also remove chlorine and organic impurities from water. Thus, coconut activated carbon is widely employed in environmental water treatment, municipal water treatment, and wastewater management systems.
- Rise in environmental concerns, along with increase in the adoption of efficient water management systems mainly in the Asia Pacific region has augmented the demand for coconut activated carbon
- Rapid urbanization and public & private investments in infrastructural developments in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil have also fueled the demand for waste water management systems. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for coconut activated carbon during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market
- In terms of region, the global coconut activated carbon market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of coconut activated carbon, followed by North America and Europe. Rise in demand for water treatment plants from various end-use industries supported by private and public investments in Asia Pacific is projected to drive the market in the region.
- Countries such as India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia have suitable tropical weather ideal for coconut cultivation. Thus, Asia Pacific region is the major raw material supplier across the globe.
North America and Europe are estimated to witness steady demand for coconut activated carbon during the forecast period. Stringent environmental regulations in North America and Europe due to growing environmental concerns are anticipated to boost the demand for coconut activated carbon for use in air purification, mercury absorption, and water treatment applications. However, the demand for coconut activated carbon is anticipated to expand at a slow pace due to saturation of end-use industries in North America and Europe.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Coconut Activated Carbon Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market
- The global coconut activated carbon market is fragmented due to the presence of huge number of global and local players. Key players are adopting business strategies to develop products for multiple applications and providing on-site services and re-activation services. Some of the key players operating in the global coconut activated carbon market are:
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- Haycarb PLC
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Carbon Activated Corporation
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- Indo German Carbon Limited [ IGCL ]
- JACOBI CARBONS GROUP
Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market: Research Scope
Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market, by Form
Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market, by Application
- Water Treatment
- Air & Gas
- Others (Including Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals)
Global Coconut Activated Carbon Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.