Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market: Highlights
- Cocamidopropyl betaine is an amphoteric surfactant. The particular behavior of amphoterics is related to their Zwitterionic character, which means both anionic and cationic structures are found in one molecule.
- Cocamidopropyl betaine is produced in a two-step batch process. Coconut oil or fatty acids hydrolyzed from coconut oil (C12-C18) are reacted with dimethylaminopropylamine (I) in aqueous solution at about 160 °C. Coconut oil has a mixed fatty acid composition, which varies slightly, as it is a natural product. Lauric acid (C12) is predominant a fatty acid. In the second step, the resultant dimethylaminopropyl cocoamide (amidoamine - II) is reacted with sodium monochloroacetate (III) under alkaline conditions. The product (cocamidopropyl betaine) is obtained as an aqueous solution.
- Cocamidopropyl betaine is used in a wide range of personal care products and detergents including shampoos, shower gels, bath foams, liquid soaps, contact lens fluids, skin care products, and dish washing liquids
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market
- Cocamidopropyl betaine is widely used as a surfactant. The usage of cocamidopropyl betaine in personal care products has been rising since the last few years due to its relative mildness compared with other surface active compounds. Cocamidopropyl betaine is widely used in various cosmetics such as shampoos, bath products, and cleansing agents. Therefore, increase in usage of cocamidopropyl betaine in personal care products is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Rise in usage of cocamidopropyl betaine in detergents is also expected to boost the cocamidopropyl betaine market during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global cocamidopropyl betaine market can be segmented into personal care products, detergents, and others
- The personal care products segment is projected to account for major share of the global cocamidopropyl betaine market by 2027. Cocamidopropyl betaine is used in shampoos, bath products, cleaning agents, shower gels, bath foams, liquid soaps, contact lens fluids, and skin care products.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the detergents segments is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period
- In terms of demand, the others segment is anticipated to remain moderate to high during the forecast period
North America to be Key Region of Global Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market
- In terms of region, the global cocamidopropyl betaine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the U.S. aims to promote investments in its end-use industries. This is expected to boost the cocamidopropyl betaine market in the country in the near future.
- In terms of demand, North America held major share of the market share in 2018. It was followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. North America is a highly promising region of the cocamidopropyl betaine market. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Constant rise in production of cocamidopropyl betaine for usage in the region and export purposes is propelling the demand for cocamidopropyl betaine in North America. Manufacturers of cocamidopropyl betaine are targeting North America, as it is the strongest regional market.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico has been expanding steadily. The outlook for the market in the UAE also appears positive. This is likely to drive the demand for cocamidopropyl betaine in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global cocamidopropyl betaine market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kao Corporation
- Croda International Plc
- Huntsman Corporation
- Enaspol a.s.
Global Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market: Research Scope
Global Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market, by Application
- Personal Care Products
- Bath Products
- Cleaning Agents
Global Cocamidopropyl Betaine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.