Global Cobalt Sulfate Market: Overview
Cobalt sulfate is defined as any of the inorganic compounds with the formula CoSO4(H2O)x. Cobalt sulfate usually refers to the hydrate CoSO4.7H2O, which is one of the most commonly available salts of cobalt. Cobalt (II) sulfate heptahydrate appears as a red monoclinic crystal that liquefies at around 100°C and becomes anhydrous at 250°C. It is soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol, and especially soluble in methanol. The salts are paramagnetic in nature. Its formation takes place by the reaction of metallic cobalt, its oxide, hydroxide, or carbonate with aqueous sulfuric acid. In hydrated form, cobalt sulfate is used in the preparation of pigments. It is also used in the manufacture of other cobalt salts. Cobalt sulfate pigments are also employed in porcelain and glass. Cobalt (II) sulfate has wide applications in storage batteries and electroplating baths, sympathetic inks, and as additive to soils and animal feeds. Cobalt sulfate is obtained by the treatment of cobalt oxide with sulfuric acid for such purposes.
Global Cobalt Sulfate Market: Key Segments
Development of electric and hybrid vehicles is one of the major factors propelling the cobalt sulfate market. Rise in use of Li-ion batteries in vehicles is also augmenting the cobalt sulfate market. On the other hand, rise in pressure of extracting cobalt with limited raw materials is one of the key factors hampering the cobalt sulfate market. Furthermore, surge in pricing owing to democratic imbalance in most of the major economies is acting as a hurdle in the growth of the cobalt sulfate market.
Based on product, the cobalt sulfate market can be segmented into powder form and solution form.
In terms of end-use industry, the cobalt sulfate market can be divided into coating, energy, chemical, super alloy, hard facing/HSS & other alloy, color (glass, enamel, plastic, ceramic, artistic color, fabric, tire adhesive, soap, and drier), battery, and others (feedstuff, biotech, anodizing, recording media, and electrolysis).
Based on geography, the cobalt sulfate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Led by China, Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of cobalt sulfate. The cobalt sulfate market in Asia Pacific is followed by that in Europe owing to the strong automotive base.
Global Cobalt Sulfate Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the cobalt sulfate market include Freeport Cobalt Oy, Ganzhou Tengyuan Cobalt Industrial Company Limited, Jiayuan Cobalt Holdings Limited, Jilin Jien Nickel Industry Company Limited, Jinchuan Group Company Limited, Nantong Xinwei Nickel & Cobalt Hightech Development Company Limited, Nicomet Industries Limited, Umicore, and Zhangjiagang Huayi Chemical Company Limited.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.