Coated Fertilizers: Introduction
- Demand for coated fertilizers has been rising among growers and agronomists across the globe.
- Increase in adoption of coated fertilizers in horticulture as well as agriculture crops is fuelling the market. New technological advancements have enabled more economical and more efficient coated fertilizer products, thus creating opportunities for coated fertilizers in the agriculture sector.
- Rise in demand for controlled-release fertilizers on turf and ornamentals in the non-agriculture segment is also projected to boost the coated fertilizers market in the near future
- Increase in demand for highly efficient fertilizers, favorable government regulations, rise in demand for high-value crops, and growth in investments from key players are propelling the market. Additionally, rise in environmental concerns associated with nutrient loss through soil leaching and runoffs from fields due to the excessive usage of conventional fertilizers is driving the coated fertilizers market.
Coated Fertilizers Market: Segments
- The coated fertilizers market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the coated fertilizers market can be divided into Controlled Release Fertilizers (CRF), Slow Release Fertilizers (SRF) and others
- In terms of application, the global coated fertilizers market can be classified into agriculture segment, which includes cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetables, and others, and non-agriculture segment that includes veterinary, pest control, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Coated Fertilizers Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and temporary closure of factories and workplaces in several countries could save lives. However, they carry wide-ranging economic effects that could induce an economic contagion.
- Shortage in supply of raw materials from various manufacturers of coated fertilizers around the globe has resulted in a severe demand-supply gap. Manufacturers are further expected to be stranded on raw material orders owing to the logistics industry being significantly impacted due to the lockdown amid COVID-19.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Coated Fertilizers Market
- In terms of geography, the global coated fertilizers market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, and Japan lead the coated fertilizers market in Asia Pacific
- Rise in demand for high value crops and increase in awareness among farmers about the environmental benefits of coated fertilizers are expected to create opportunities for the market. Supportive policies adopted by countries in Asia Pacific and availability of large subsidies in certain countries for marginal farmers are major factors boosting the market in the region.
- R&D activities in coated fertilizers and installation of new production capacities by key players are also fuelling the market in Asia Pacific
- North America is an emerging region of the global coated fertilizers market. Increase in population, changing lifestyle, and rise in disposable income are boosting the coated fertilizers market in the region.
- The coated fertilizers market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization. Norway and the Netherlands are also expected to contribute significantly to the coated fertilizers market in the region. Growth of the market in Europe can be ascribed to enactment of favorable government policies in the region.
- Demand for coated fertilizers is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by growth in standard of living of the people in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Coated Fertilizers Market
Major manufacturers operating in the global coated fertilizers market include:
- Compo Expert
- Nufarm Ltd.
- Yara International ASA
- Koch Industries
- Helena Chemical
- Haifa Chemicals
- JCAM AGRI.
- The Andersons Inc.
- Van Iperen International
- Mosaic Company
Global Coated Fertilizers Market: Research Scope
Global Coated Fertilizers Market, by Type
- Controlled Release Fertilizers (CRF)
- Slow Release Fertilizers (SRF)
Global Coated Fertilizers Market, by Application
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Pest Control
Global Coated Fertilizers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.