Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market: Sulfur-free and Eco-friendly Fuels
- Coal is one of most sought-after non-renewable sources used to generate electricity, power, and petroleum fuels across the globe. Coal is found in abundance in the form of reservoirs worldwide. Petroleum fuels, such as gasoline, petrol, and diesel, have become a very common source of power for automotive vehicles.
- Coal-to-liquid fuel is also called the liquefaction. Using the technology, coal can be converted into liquid fuels such as diesel and petrol. The process of conversion of coal into liquid fuels has attracted high attention over the last few years, due to limited availability of crude oil and depleting levels of fossil fuel reservoirs.
- Both coal and petroleum consist of hydrocarbon bonds, which are essential for the conversion of coal into liquid fuels. The conversion can be achieved by using two methods: direct liquefaction and indirect liquefaction. The synthesized coal is dissolved in solvents and is heated at high temperatures under high pressures. After this, it is processed through hydrogenation to obtain high-grade and clean petroleum fuels.
- Coal-to-liquid fuels are widely used in various countries such as China, Germany, and South Africa to suffice the demand for petroleum fuels from transportation vehicles
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market
- Increasing demand for petroleum, led by risen dependency of passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is likely to boost the global coal-to-liquid fuels market in the next few years. Transportation, logistics, and other end-use industries across the world are highly dependent on liquid fuels.
- Rising demand for coal to generate power and electricity as a feedstock in power generation plants is likely to drive mining and extraction activities in major coal mines across the globe in the near future. This factor is likely to control raw material prices and ease the availability of coal for liquefaction. This factor is expected to boost the demand for coal-to-liquid fuels during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements in the process of synthesis of coal-to-liquid fuels have enhanced the grade and purity of liquid fuels. This has resulted in the production of gasoline from coal, similar to the conventional crude oil. These key factors are anticipated to drive the global coal-to-liquid fuels market during the forecast period.
Direct Coal-to-liquid Fuels Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Extensive R&D activities in the coal liquefaction process over the last few years have achieved production of low-sulfur and high-grade liquid fuels that can be directly used in vehicles. The coal-to-liquid conversion involves two processes: direct coal liquefaction (DCL) and indirect coal liquefaction (ICL).
- The direct coal liquefaction process is widely used in the production of liquid fuels across the globe, due to its excellent efficiency and benefits associated with the direct conversion. This key factor is likely to boost the demand for coal-to-liquid fuels in the next few years.
- Rising demand for eco-friendly and sulfur-free liquid fuels led by stringent regulations on carbon emissions are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global coal-to-liquid fuels market in the next few years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market here
Decreasing Dependency on Conventional Fuels to Hamper Market
- Coal-to-liquid fuels are likely to face key challenges from other emerging industries such as automotive electric vehicles and fuel cell industry. This may hamper the market during the forecast period. Coal-to-liquid fuel requires high capital investments for setting up of production plants at a large scale. This factor may act as an entry barrier for new players entering the global coal-to-liquid fuels market.
- The global automotive industry is witnessing considerable shift from conventional fuel engines to electric engines, which can reduce the demand for liquid fuels worldwide. This factor is likely to reduce the dependency on liquid fuels and hamper the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market
- Geographically, the global market for coal-to-liquid fuels can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of coal-to-liquid fuels, due to strong presence of coal-to-liquid processing plants in China. Rising demand for petroleum fuels in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to create immense opportunities for the coal-to-liquid fuels market during the forecast period.
- Rising government investments in the energy & power sector in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period
- Lack of crude oil reservoirs in several countries of North America and Europe, which are highly dependent on imports, is propelling the demand for coal-to-liquid fuels in these regions
- Abundance of coal reservoirs in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to boost the demand for coal-to-liquid fuels in these regions during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Market:
The global coal-to-liquid fuels market witness presence of major companies operating at the regional and global levels. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Sasol Limited
- Linc Energy
- Envidity Energy Inc.
- Altona Energy Plc
- Shenhua Group
- Yitai Yili Energy
- Celanese Corporation
Global Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market: Research Scope
Global Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market, by Process
- Direct Coal Liquefaction (DCL)
- Indirect Coal Liquefaction (ICL)
Global Coal-to-liquid Fuels Market, by Product
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.