The global coal tar pitch market is witnessing a steady growth, thanks to the consistent rise in demand for aluminum and steel. The fast-paced infrastructural development in developing nations has shot up the demand for both these metals. Besides, the organic growth in the automotive, aerospace and construction industry is also boosting demand in coal tar pitch market. This is because aluminum is required in all three areas.
Coal tar pitch is required to manufacture carbon electrodes which are used in smelting aluminum. It is also required to produce graphite electrodes used in steel arc furnaces. The global coal tar pitch market has been growing progressively and is expected to remain steady in the future, too.
Global Coal Tar Pitch Market: Drivers and Challenges
A large amount of the coal tar pitch produced across the world is used to manufacture carbon electrodes. Its economic feasibility and sustainability as a binder makes it the best raw material for carbon electrodes that are used to produce aluminum. And the rising demand for aluminum is the biggest driver of the global coal tar pitch market.
The number of infrastructure projects are increasing every year, especially in developing economies. At the same time, stringent regulations on vehicle emissions have paved way for light-weight automobile components. Aluminum with its light weight property is considered as one of the best materials for automobile components. The same property keeps aluminum in demand in the aerospace industry. The affordability of air travel has risen over the years, resulting in demand for more aircrafts. This is expected to support growth of the global coal tar pitch market in the near term.
Steel is also an important material required in infrastructure projects. Manufacturers across the world have shifted from conventional method to EAF steel manufacturing that requires graphite electrodes. And, graphite electrodes are made out of coal tar pitch. The stable growth of the steel industry is expected to drive the global coal tar pitch market.
Emission of harmful greenhouse gases during the production of coal tar pitch is emerging as a concern. Research is on to identify alternative methods to manufacture aluminum. At the same time, production of secondary aluminum (recycled aluminum) does not require coal tar pitch.
Global Coal Tar Pitch Market: Geographical Distribution
Developing economies like India and China have registered more than the average global growth rate. As a result, Asia Pacific region holds a significant share of the global coal tar pitch market. Regions like North America and Europe will witness a steady growth in the coming years. This is due to the recent laws pertaining to import duties on aluminum.
Global Coal Tar Pitch Market: Competitive Dynamics
The global coal tar pitch market is a consolidated space. Some key players are Koppers Inc., Rain Industries Limited, Shanghai Baosteel Chemical Co. Ltd, Himadri Specialty Chemicals Ltd, and Nippon Steel.
Global Coal Tar Pitch Market: Future Prospects
The upcoming Transparency Market Research Report on the global coal tar pitch market will give you the following details
- Detailed overview of the market and the current trends
- Key market drivers and notable challenges
- Breakdown of the geographical distribution and region-wise market share
- Important market players and pertinent market strategies
- Future trends in the market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.