CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market: Introduction
CO2 laser cutting machines are a tool used in a broad range of industries for precision cutting and designing projects. The laser cutting machine gives out a high powered laser beam to either cleanly cut or carve a specific design on materials such as steel, plastic, or wood. Laser cutting is mainly a thermal process in which a focused laser beam is applied to melt material. A co-axial gas jet is used to discharge the molten material and create a kerf. A continuous cut is made by moving the laser beam or workpiece under CNC control. Most lasers have high power capacity CO2 lasers and the capacity to cut through even steel plates. Metals such as stainless steel and aluminum can be cut with a laser when compressed gas technology is applied.
Key Drivers of the CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market
- The increase in globalization has led to huge demand among consumers for final products to the micron level. Moreover, end-users are widely adopting these machines to produce high-quality products in minimal time. The increasing trend of automation is enabling manufacturers to automate various processes including laser cutting.
- CO2 laser cutting machines precisely cut parts and patterns at higher speeds with consistent results. Manufacturers are investing in automation of laser cutting due to the minimal downtime and energy conservation needs. Key players are inclined toward reducing the price of these machines owing to the intense competition among vendors. The presence of a vast number of manufacturers have enabled them to follow the pricing strategy to lessen the cost and profit from a considerable market share. Rise in demand for improved machining tools and equipment is driving the adoption of these lasers. They are widely used in laser printing, dye laser pumping, and barcode reading and for making holograms. Such factors drive the demand for the product in the market.
Advanced technology creating opportunities in the CO2 laser cutting machine market
Advancement in technology and introduction of high class equipment have enabled laser cutting machines to find usage in the healthcare sector too. Other major niche segments where laser cutting machines are used are metal fabricators, where laser cutting machines play a prominent role to produce superior quality metal parts with minute finishing works. With the launch of laser cutting machines, even complicated spatial components such as hot shaped sheets, vehicle bodies, and tubes can be cut with precision and accuracy. Fitness equipment manufacturers use this technology to produce the desired complex shapes within a short frame of time and also with a good finishing. These factors create new opportunities for the product in the market.
High cost a restraint of the CO2 laser cutting machine market
CO2 laser cutting machines are rather expensive. Also, parts of CO2 laser cutting machine are costly. This high cost of application of these devices, lack of technical expertise, and high power consumption are expected to make the industry growth difficult and may restrain the CO2 laser cutting machine market.
North America the dominant market
North America accounts for highest share in the target market in terms of revenue contribution due to increased adoption of CO2 laser cutting machines by various end-users such as automotive, manufacturing, defense industries etc. in the region. In addition, the increasing application of CO2 laser cutting machines among defense and consumer electronics etc. in countries such as the U.S, and Canada is expected to trigger demand for CO2 laser cutting machines. Moreover, the strong growth in industries that use laser cutting machines to produce semiconductors, consumer electronics, and automotive components is expected to drive demand in other regions too. These factors are expected to propel growth of the CO2 laser cutting machine market in the region.
Key players operating in the global market
Companies are working on product innovation and development to expand their customer base. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level. Some of the major companies identified in the CO2 laser cutting machine market are:
- Trumpf Laser GmbH + Co. KG
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc.
- IPG Photonics Corporation
- Koike Aronson Inc.
- CTR Lasers
- Universal Laser Systems Inc.
CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market: Research Scope
CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market, by Process
- Flame cutting
- Fusion cutting
- Sublimation cutting
CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market, by Application
- Automotive Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Other Manufacturing Industry
CO2 Laser Cutting Machine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the CO2 laser cutting machine market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.