Cloud TV: Introduction
- Cloud TV platform is a software platform that provide set top box or customer premises functionally, that helps Pay-tv operators and other video service providers to get advance user interface and online video experience such as Hulu and YouTube, to provide the next-generation IPTV and cable television set-up boxes and linked consumer electronics devices.
- Cloud TV refers to a feasible television option in which consumers can view whatever they like the most. Cloud technology, as it transmits to cloud TV, works just like different cloud services do (such as shared files, webmail, or online storage)
- In cloud TV, a collection of entertainment is made accessible in the “Cloud,” so consumers can access the digital assets from any part of the globe over an internet-linked device with a proper login gateway to a cloud-based user account.
- The cloud TV platform is used to provide video, media content, and audio over the internet. Cloud TV software is used on devices such as tablets, smartphones, and smart TVs, through a wireless connection over internet. It provides entertainment features such as web surfing, live TV, and video on demand.
Cloud TV Market: Dynamics
Cloud TV Market: Key Drivers
- The increasing momentum of digitization and growing demand for viewing different content genres on tablets, smartphones, and connected TV are driving the need for cloud TV. Cloud TV platforms are developing as a viable option to cater to this need.
- Technological development and changing behavior of consumers is leading to movement from traditional broadcasting models and platforms to digital supply over the internet to a wide range of connected devices.
- The main problem in cloud TV is lack of high speed network infrastructure. Mobile phones and internet connectivity are an integral part of cloud TV.
- Priority of content safety in cloud TV is becoming a huge concern as cloud TV firms are providing various TV channels in the cloud. Piracy is a big worry and any company looking to launch cloud TV services need to be aware of its various challenges.
- The cloud TV market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to advancements and rising adoption of 5G technology. Growing developments in wireless communication is expected to boost the market growth. Many telecom companies are investing in 5G technology to strengthen the cloud TV experience.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud TV Market
- Most companies are adopting the work from home module during the pandemic period. Schools and colleges are temporarily closed and so many students are learning new skills and keeping themselves entertained. The COVID-19 pandemic has enhanced home video consumption to levels never seen before.
- Demand for cloud TV platform solutions is increasing during the COVID-19 lockdown situation and is also likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period due to growing adoption of video streaming among consumers and increasing adoption of smart technologies.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Cloud TV Market
- North America holds a prominent share of the global cloud TV market due to the early adoption of advanced technological and digital platform solutions and an increase in consumer spending on advance cloud TV solutions in North America.
- The cloud TV market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a surge in investment by major players to provide business solutions across the region and also due to a rise in penetration of internet and rising number of smartphones which is likely to benefit the cloud TV market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Cloud TV Market
- Kaltura, Inc.
Kaltura, Inc. is a New York, U.S. based Software Company founded in 2016. The company operates in four major segments: online video platform offered to media companies, cloud TV for media and operator companies; enterprise video platform for communications, collaborations, & marketing; and education video platform offered to educational institutes.
- Aferian PLC
Aferian PLC provides entertainment and media technological solutions. The company builds television set-top boxes that capture programs from the internet and also develops software. The company provides the services worldwide to its customers.
Others key players operating in the global cloud TV market include Brightcove, Inc., Muvi LLC, IntelliMedia Networks, Pontis Technologies, Mware Solutions, CSG Systems International, Inc. MatrixStream Technologies, Entertainment and Interactivity for Digital TV, Simplestream, Amagi Corporation, Metrological, and MediaKind.
Cloud TV Market: Research Scope
Cloud TV Market, by Deployment
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
Cloud TV Market, by Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
Cloud TV Market, by Verticals
- Media Organizations and Broadcasters
- Telecom Companies
Cloud TV Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.