Cloud Testing: Introduction
- Cloud testing is the procedure of using third-party cloud computing resources to examine software applications. It includes testing cloud resources such as cloud-native Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) architecture or offerings, or using cloud tools as part of the quality assurance strategy (QA).
- Cloud testing is important to businesses in many ways. For companies testing cloud resources, cloud testing can guarantee optimal data availability, performance, and security, and minimize downtime of the associated platform or infrastructure.
- Organizations test cloud-based SaaS products to ensure that applications are working properly. For companies testing other types of applications, using cloud computing tools as opposed to on-premise QA tools can help reduce testing costs and improve collaboration between QA teams.
- Cloud testing is cheaper than traditional testing because customers only pay for what they use and resources can be accessed from any device with a network connection. QA efforts are not limited by physical location. This, along with built-in collaboration tools, can make real-time collaboration easier for test teams.
- Typically, most in-house laboratories of organizations do not have the infrastructure to replicate real-world device and software usage. Additionally, with rapidly changing user standards and expectations, organizations need to keep their laboratories updated and constantly need money and manpower. Cloud testing tools solve this concern by providing a real-world test environment that pretty much mirrors the production environment.
Global Cloud Testing Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud Testing Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing adoption of the cloud globally is one of the significant factors driving the growth of the cloud testing market. Acceptance of cloud testing accelerates market growth as it enables better communication regarding the test execution, planning, and strategy development process as well as lowers operating costs.
- Availability of various solutions, such as API tests, graphical user interfaces, performance and load tests, cross-browser tests, service virtualization, and functional tests, as well as the flexible and scalable deployment model, continues to play a role in the expansion of the market.
- In addition, expansion of end-user industries, use of new technologies and the BYOD trend, increased investments, and introduction of cloud-based technologies have a positive effect on the cloud testing market.
- Advanced developments and practices and improvements in IoT and machine learning technologies are expected to expand profitable opportunities for market participants during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031.
- However, tough government regulations and rules, as well as concerns about data security, are expected to hinder the growth of the cloud testing market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud Testing Market
- The Covid-19 pandemic forced companies to perform digitally, which led to huge growth in cloud computing and online operations. This change had a tremendous positive impact on the overall growth curve of the cloud testing market for companies active in the IT sector, while the public sector, healthcare, and manufacturing saw a slowdown due to restricted mobility.
- The cloud enables companies to increase their capacities without further investment in hardware and facilities. In addition, fewer staff have to be hired if the cloud provider maintains the infrastructure and extends the capabilities of the existing devices.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Cloud Testing Market
- The global cloud testing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to have a large share of the market due to the increase in acceptance of cloud computing solutions by different verticals, such as BFSI, IT and telecommunications, and retail and e-commerce. The cloud testing market is also expected to grow rapidly in established economies such as Canada and the United States (US). Most cloud test solutions and service providers have a prominent presence in North America and therefore competition between major players in the market is fierce.
- Increasing adoption of mobile and cloud technologies by various small- and medium-sized companies in countries in Asia Pacific and Europe is likely to propel the demand for cloud testing during the forecast period.
Global Cloud Testing Market: Competition Landscape
- Various local and global players such as Oracle Corporation and Micro Focus are active in the cloud testing market with a strong presence
- Oracle Cloud test services are a mixture of a robust library of tools and templates and best practice processes that make Oracle Cloud implementation easy, fast, and cost-effective.
- Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud makes it simple to plan, run, and scale performance tests without the requirement for infrastructure provisioning and management.
Key players operating in the global cloud testing market include:
- Oracle Corporation
- Micro Focus
- IBM Corporation
- CA Technologies
- SmartBear Software
- SOASTA, Inc.
- Cygnet Infotech Pvt. Ltd
- Capgemini SE
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- AIBRAIN LLC
Global Cloud Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud Testing Market, by Component
- Testing tools/platforms
- Professional services
- Managed services
Global Cloud Testing Market, by End-user
- Retail and e-commerce
- IT and telecom
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Media and entertainment
- Others (education, healthcare, and sports and leisure)
Global Cloud Testing Market, by Deployment
Global Cloud Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.