Cloud Services Brokerage Market - Overview
In general, a broker is a person who acts as a middle man between two or more parties during negotiations. A cloud broker means a third-party individual or entity that acts as an intermediary between a cloud computing service buyer and the sellers of the same.
CSB, i.e. cloud services brokerage, an IT-based business model wherein a firm or an entity enhances value for one or more cloud services (private or public) on behalf of one or more customers of that service. A cloud services brokerage enabler offers (i) tools and knowhow to device cloud services brokerage, and (ii) combined technology, people, and methodologies to implement and manage cloud services brokerage related projects.
Approximately, more than 30% of businesses (till 2014) had adopted a cloud service brokerage to better support cloud technology. Three key areas that can be addressed by a cloud service brokerage in cloud adoption are aggregation, integration, and customization brokerage. Aggregation – through a company approved cloud application, end-users get access to the cloud enterprise software; integration – ensuring data exchange of cloud applications among each other and with on-premise applications to align business processes; customization – augmentation of cloud services with variable data plans or improved security and compliance.
Cloud Services Brokerage Market – Drivers and Restraints
Increasing adoption cloud-based solutions by businesses is a major driver of the cloud services brokerage market. However, a key restraint for cloud services brokerage market is the relative immaturity of cloud enterprise software as compared to on-premise enterprise software. By modifying cloud enterprise software with customized capabilities other than cloud services, companies could avail the benefits of cloud technology, while meeting other business objectives, including data security and compliance. Especially, organizations are looking forward to cloud augmentation and attain reduced risk with robust security and compliance abilities, to add value and transparency with the help of analytics, they are also looking for the centralization of audit trajectories and policy implementation functionality, including streamlining of selection process of cloud services.
Cloud Services Brokerage Market – Segmentation
The cloud services brokerage market covers different services, such as, operations management, workload management, catalog management, integration, security and compliance, reporting and analytics, training and consulting, and maintenance and support. The cloud services brokerage market can be segmented on the basis of cloud-based deployment, i.e. public, private, and hybrid cloud.
When segmented geographically, North America is anticipated to be the dominant market for cloud services brokerage, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period, followed by Europe and North America. Enterprises of all sizes are expected to use cloud services brokerage in the near future. Large organizations are expected to have larger market due to the benefits that are provided by CSB, for example, single point of accountability. This helps companies to switch easily among several cloud models. Also, the companies using cloud brokerage solutions are entering new markets and providing new services to the consumers.
Almost every industry is expected to use cloud services brokerage due to global technological modification, such as retail, Banking, Financial Services And Insurance (BFSI), communications, media & entertainment, manufacturing, transportation & logistics, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, government, healthcare, retail, utilities, and others (academic institutions, such as, nonprofit research groups, and universities).
Legal aspects of cloud brokering cover many areas. Major difficulties connected with this are data location, cross-border transmission, portability, accessibility, and accountability. Therefore, CSB must have technology and associations readily available, capable to ensure that all customer requirements are fulfilled and legal obligations are observed at the same time.
Cloud Services Brokerage Market – Key Players
Major players operating in the cloud services brokerage market are Appirio, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Tech Mahindra Limited, Fujitsu, Wipro Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HPE, International Business Machines Corporation, Atos SE, Dell Inc., and Oracle Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.