Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service: Introduction
- Cloud mobile backend as a service is also known as backend as a service (BaaS). It allows web application and mobile application developers to connect with their apps over backend cloud storage. Cloud mobile backend as a service entails various enterprise aspects and applications that include identity management, push notifications, marketing automation, social integration, data storage, and user management.
- Cloud mobile backend as a service helps enterprises outsource the responsibilities of maintaining and running servers to third-parties, with the aim of focusing on connecting their API endpoints to various frontend such as mobiles, tablets, and desktop/web.
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for cloud mobile backend as a service among small & medium and large enterprises, due to growing rate of mobile phone and smart device is a key factor likely to accelerate the cloud mobile backend as a service market in the next few years
- Increase in need for real-time applications such as chat or messaging apps and gaming apps is projected to boost the cloud mobile backend as a service market across the globe
- Rise in numbers of music and video streaming apps is driving the demand for cloud mobile backend as a service solutions during the COVID-19 outbreak. This is also expected to fuel the cloud mobile backend as a service market.
- Increase in adoption of e-commerce apps and social-network apps is anticipated to boost the cloud mobile backend as a service market
- Increase in adoption of mobile devices across developed and developing countries is expected to create new opportunities for the cloud mobile backend as a service market during the forecast period
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market: Restraints
- Growth in security and privacy concerns is also projected to hamper the global cloud mobile backend as a service market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market
The COVID-19 outbreak has been a major challenge for the post-pandemic business environment. Governments of different countries across the world have imposed lockdowns to curb the spread of the disease. Hence, the people have started to rely on digital workplace tools and services during the pandemic. The pandemic has also increased the demand for cloud services and cloud technology, due to remote working or work from home policy adopted by enterprises or organizations. This has boosted the demand for cloud mobile backend as a service widely across developed and developing countries during the pandemic. Cloud mobile backend as a service is being widely adopted during the COVID-19 pandemic with iOS, android, web, to use various applications such as social media, e-commerce, and music & video streaming. This, in turn, is expected to propel the cloud mobile backend as a service market during the COVID-19 outbreak.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market
- In terms of region, the global cloud mobile backend as a service market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global cloud mobile backend as a service market in 2020. The U.S. is the key market in the region for the adoption of cloud mobile backend as a service, due to the growth in proliferation of online applications and rise in adoption of newer and innovative technologies by large telecom giants in order to improve their business productivity and work efficiency across the country. Additionally, presence of well-established players who offer cloud mobile backend as a service is expected to boost the cloud mobile backend as a service market in North America.
- The cloud mobile backend as a service market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in adoption of cloud mobile backend as a service among enterprises across China, Japan, Singapore, Australia, and India, due to extensive usage and dependency on the cloud.
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the cloud mobile backend as a service market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements are creating significant opportunities in the global cloud mobile backend as a service market. Providers are increasingly focusing on collaborations, mergers, and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market Include:
- 8base, Inc.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Baasbox SRL IT
- Backendless Corp.
- Built.io LLC
- Couchbase, Inc.
- Exadel, Inc.
- Google LLC.
- IBM Corporation
- Kii Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Programmable Web LLC
- Progress Software Corporation
- PubNub Inc.
- Sofbang LLC.
- Temenos AG
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market, by Operating System
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market, by Type of Service
- Data Integration
- Identity & Access Management
- Usage Analytics
- Support & Maintenance
- Professional Services
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market, by End-user
- Health Care
- Transportation & Logistics
- Retail & E-commerce
- IT & Telecommunications
- Others (Hospitality, Energy, and Utility)
Global Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.