Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Introduction
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) are a specialized class of production-oriented software that monitors, manages, and coordinates the implementation of physical processes in the conversion of raw materials into intermediate or/ and end products in real-time.
- These systems synchronize work order execution with production planning and enterprise-grade systems such as Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and ERP. MES applications also provide feedback on process performance, and support genealogy, traceability, and integration at the material and component level with the process history if required.
- The development in cloud MES and other cloud manufacturing applications go hand in hand with the inherent advantages of the cloud through a scalable infrastructure that helps to take advantage of the connected data and integrate them quickly. It is also associated with changes in the cloud market and the market for IoT platforms and other smart manufacturing applications.
- The penetration of cloud MES is expected to increase as the cloud manufacturing execution system market grows rapidly. Combination with technologies such as digital twins and artificial intelligence will make the cloud an indispensable tool for improving operations.
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Key Drivers
- One of the main reasons for the growing adoption of cloud MES is the desire of corporations to improve their business and operations through more integrated systems that provide connected information and data and offer complete transparency and control in operations.
- Significant factors driving the growth of the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market includes the need for mass production and an interconnected supply chain to serve the growing population, growing use of industrial automation in process and distinct industries, and increasing IT /OT convergence in various manufacturing industries.
- Manufacturing execution systems are also used in cloud-based applications where they are integrated with several systems such as EMS, AGV, and VMS. The ability to integrate with a wide variety of systems and solutions helps manufacturing companies take advantage of different solutions in a single process and achieve better results.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises cannot implement advanced monthly solutions as it entails high investment. Additionally, they are unaware of the benefits of advanced cloud MES solutions, factors that are currently holding back the growth of the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market
- COVID-19 has had a major impact on the global economy and on all industries worldwide. Most companies had to cease all manufacturing operations; but lockdowns have now been lifted in many parts of the world. Many recovery regimes have been attempted to find a reliable treatment for COVID-19.
- The use of cloud manufacturing execution systems increased as production was affected by the lockdowns caused by COVID-19 in 2020. Majority of revenue generated in the cloud manufacturing execution systems market comes from services provided in the market. The cloud manufacturing execution systems market has been significantly impacted by COVID-19 since services are directly related to manufacturing activities.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market
- The global cloud manufacturing execution system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global cloud manufacturing execution system market due to the early adoption of cloud-based networks and the presence of organizations that adopt latest digital technologies. It is expected that high internet penetration and initiatives by government agencies, some of which are moving to the cloud to improve information services, will also drive the cloud manufacturing execution system market in North America.
- The Asia Pacific manufacturing execution system market is projected to expand during the forecast period as the region is home to several leading players in the networking industry. APAC is a market for investment that offers significant opportunities for the adoption of cloud manufacturing execution systems.
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players active in the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market include Rockwell Automation, Inc., and Siemens AG
- In June 2021, Rockwell Automation acquired Plex Systems for US$ 2.22 Bn in cash, expanding its industrial cloud software offerings. Plex offers supply chain planning, and quality management in hybrid, discrete, and process industry segments.
- Siemens AG cloud manufacturing execution systems ensure that efficiency and quality are integrated into the manufacturing process and applied consistently and proactively.
Key players operating in the global cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market include:
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- SAP SE
- General Electric Company
- Oracle Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Werum IT Solutions GmbH
- ABB Ltd
- AVEVA Group plc
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Dassault Systèmes SE
- PSI Metals GmbH
- OSIsoft, LLC
- iTAC Software AG
- MPDV Mikrolab GmbH
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Component
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Deployment
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Mid-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
- Defense and Government
- Energy and Utilities
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!