Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Introduction
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) are a specialized class of production-oriented software that monitors, manages, and coordinates the implementation of physical processes in the conversion of raw materials into intermediate or/ and end products in real-time.
- These systems synchronize work order execution with production planning and enterprise-grade systems such as Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and ERP. MES applications also provide feedback on process performance, and support genealogy, traceability, and integration at the material and component level with the process history if required.
- The development in cloud MES and other cloud manufacturing applications go hand in hand with the inherent advantages of the cloud through a scalable infrastructure that helps to take advantage of the connected data and integrate them quickly. It is also associated with changes in the cloud market and the market for IoT platforms and other smart manufacturing applications.
- The penetration of cloud MES is expected to increase as the cloud manufacturing execution system market grows rapidly. Combination with technologies such as digital twins and artificial intelligence will make the cloud an indispensable tool for improving operations.
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Key Drivers
- One of the main reasons for the growing adoption of cloud MES is the desire of corporations to improve their business and operations through more integrated systems that provide connected information and data and offer complete transparency and control in operations.
- Significant factors driving the growth of the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market includes the need for mass production and an interconnected supply chain to serve the growing population, growing use of industrial automation in process and distinct industries, and increasing IT /OT convergence in various manufacturing industries.
- Manufacturing execution systems are also used in cloud-based applications where they are integrated with several systems such as EMS, AGV, and VMS. The ability to integrate with a wide variety of systems and solutions helps manufacturing companies take advantage of different solutions in a single process and achieve better results.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises cannot implement advanced monthly solutions as it entails high investment. Additionally, they are unaware of the benefits of advanced cloud MES solutions, factors that are currently holding back the growth of the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market
- COVID-19 has had a major impact on the global economy and on all industries worldwide. Most companies had to cease all manufacturing operations; but lockdowns have now been lifted in many parts of the world. Many recovery regimes have been attempted to find a reliable treatment for COVID-19.
- The use of cloud manufacturing execution systems increased as production was affected by the lockdowns caused by COVID-19 in 2020. Majority of revenue generated in the cloud manufacturing execution systems market comes from services provided in the market. The cloud manufacturing execution systems market has been significantly impacted by COVID-19 since services are directly related to manufacturing activities.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market
- The global cloud manufacturing execution system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global cloud manufacturing execution system market due to the early adoption of cloud-based networks and the presence of organizations that adopt latest digital technologies. It is expected that high internet penetration and initiatives by government agencies, some of which are moving to the cloud to improve information services, will also drive the cloud manufacturing execution system market in North America.
- The Asia Pacific manufacturing execution system market is projected to expand during the forecast period as the region is home to several leading players in the networking industry. APAC is a market for investment that offers significant opportunities for the adoption of cloud manufacturing execution systems.
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players active in the cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market include Rockwell Automation, Inc., and Siemens AG
- In June 2021, Rockwell Automation acquired Plex Systems for US$ 2.22 Bn in cash, expanding its industrial cloud software offerings. Plex offers supply chain planning, and quality management in hybrid, discrete, and process industry segments.
- Siemens AG cloud manufacturing execution systems ensure that efficiency and quality are integrated into the manufacturing process and applied consistently and proactively.
Key players operating in the global cloud manufacturing execution system (MES) market include:
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- SAP SE
- General Electric Company
- Oracle Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Werum IT Solutions GmbH
- ABB Ltd
- AVEVA Group plc
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Dassault Systèmes SE
- PSI Metals GmbH
- OSIsoft, LLC
- iTAC Software AG
- MPDV Mikrolab GmbH
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Component
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Deployment
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Mid-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
- Defense and Government
- Energy and Utilities
Global Cloud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.