Global Cloud Computing in Life Sciences R&D Market: Overview
Over the last few decades, cloud computing has had a profound impact in life sciences industry by bringing efficiencies, allowing enterprise-wide agility, and boosting patient outcomes. Cloud computing solutions, especially software-as-a-service (SaaS) IT models, have reshaped promotional strategies of various life sciences companies and transformed modes of interaction with physicians. The disruptive technology is considered as the game-changer for life sciences can help their R&D functions to leverage the complete potential of cloud computing capabilities. The presence of mature cloud solutions that are focused on improving patient outcomes will foster their adoption in R&D activities and cumulatively drive the evolution of the life-sciences industry in the coming years.
The convergence of various technologies such as social media, advanced analytics, digital media, and Big Data with the cloud will lead life sciences companies to pour in more investments and facilitate their business expansion in emerging markets. Ultimately several companies using ‘cloud-first’ approach for R&D initiatives will open promising opportunities related to innovations in drug developments and personalized medicines.
The report offers actionable insights into major market dynamics and delineates the impact of prominent trends on influencing the adoption of cloud computing solutions by several life sciences companies. The analysis takes a closer look at the latest cloud technologies and outlines how their adoption has enabled companies to reap competitive advantages across the stakeholder ecosystem. An elaborate evaluation of the competitive landscape makes for an interesting read as research analysts not only describe the strategies of vendors and end users but also portrays the benefits early movers gain by moving their R&D functions on the cloud.
Global Cloud Computing in Life Sciences R&D Market: Trends and Opportunities
The market for cloud computing in life sciences R&D is primarily driven by a surge in multinational and multistate clinical trials, wide prevalence of chronic diseases in major regions, and researches in gene therapy. Innovations in drug making such as those for personalized medicines call for aggregation and consequent analysis of data from multiple external sources such as patients, physicians, and payers. This factor is spurring the demand for cloud computing solutions. Furthermore, a large number of clinical trials from various partners such as contract research organizations, academic institutions, and hospitals is anticipated to boost the market.
However, significant security concerns of patient data gathered through cloud-based model and lack of proper compliance with various industry regulations related to privacy have retarded the growth of the market to some extent. Nevertheless, increased customization of computing solutions to meet specific needs and the emergence of social media in cloud computing is expected to accelerate the adoption rate. In addition, the wide prevalence of chronic diseases in various regions have stimulated extensive R&D initiatives by companies for making targeted and novel therapies, unlocking exciting opportunities for the market players.
Global Cloud Computing in Life Sciences R&D Market: Regional Landscape
On the basis of geography, the cloud computing in the life sciences research and development market is segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). Currently, North America leads the market. The growth is attributed to the presence of a robust research infrastructure, a well-structured regulatory framework, wide availability of funds, and significant advances in diagnostic technologies.
Asia Pacific is expected to showcase attractive prospects for the market players. Continual advances in healthcare infrastructure, increased government initiatives to boost R&D activities in major countries, particularly China and India are the factors propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the cheap availability of expertise and increased investments by global players in R&D are expected to accentuate the growth of the cloud computing in life sciences research and development market.
Global Cloud Computing in Life Sciences R&D Market: Vendor Landscape
Leading players are adopting cloud-based solutions to increase their output from their R&D pipeline. Prominent technology companies such as Oracle and IBM are offering data aggregation services to consolidate their market presence. Major companies vying for a significant share in the life sciences research and development market include IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Hewlett-Packard (HP) Development Company, L.P., Intel Corporation, and Oracle Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.