Cloud Calling - Introduction
- Cloud calling is a type of voice-based communication service provided by a third-party cloud host, where the call is transferred through internet connection instead of a landline connection, which replaces the need for an organization to manage their own conventional telephone system.
- Earlier, a private branch exchange (PBX), a phone communication system, was installed inside an organization, which is presently integrated with a cloud communication platform at a lower cost in order to support real-time communication.
- Advanced unified communication facilities, such as video calling, instant messaging, and voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), can be provided through cloud communication platforms.
- Cloud calling offers transparent and streamlined communication with an internet connection for both on-site and remote workers
- Cloud calling is also called cloud telephony service, which can be implemented to reduce clutter and expenses in the office.
Global Cloud Calling Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud Calling Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in adoption of cloud-based communication services in various industry verticals to offer a secure communication environment for all businesses by securely restoring the data on cloud platforms and access it via internet is a key factor propelling the cloud calling market
- Rise in adoption of cloud calling systems in businesses, as it provides easy access to remote employees to register their phone requirements, is a key factor expected to drive the cloud calling market during the forecast period
- Increase in adoption of cloud-based solutions in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector is estimated to boost the demand for cloud calling during the forecast period
- However, high dependency on internet connectivity services is estimated to hamper the cloud calling market
- Security concerns about cloud-based communication, such as data loss and leakage, is a major factor that restrains the cloud calling market
- Nonetheless, rise in adoption of cloud calling services in SMEs is projected to offer significant opportunities for the cloud calling market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud Calling Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the shutdown of companies – some on a temporary and others on a permanent basis, which has impacted the economy of countries across the globe
- Companies have adopted remote work culture due to the pandemic situation, which has extensively reduced the expenditure of companies. The rate of adoption of cloud calling in various sectors increased to manage and maintain the communication between remote employees or teams.
- Hence, COVID-19 is projected to have a positive impact on the cloud calling market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Cloud Calling Market
- In terms of region, the global cloud calling market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is estimated to be a prominent market for cloud calling during the forecast period. Increasing adoption of bring your own device (BYOD) policy in workplaces in countries such as the U.S. and Canada is estimated to further fuel the market in the region
- Rise in penetration of internet services in Europe is anticipated to boost the adoption of cloud calling in the region
- The cloud calling market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand significantly due to rising adoption of different technologies in the region in order to enhance business efficiency with secure communication
- Increase in adoption of cloud communication platforms in various industry sectors in Asia Pacific is estimated to increase the demand for cloud calling in the region
- Rise in adoption of smart devices in South America is anticipated to fuel the demand for cloud calling in the region
Global Cloud Calling Market: Competition Landscape
- Several prominent players operating in the cloud calling market have strong presence in the market and are likely to witness rapid technological development during the forecast period
- In December 2020, Cisco Systems, Inc., a key player in the cloud calling market, launched the all new Webex for meeting, calling, and messaging, which is projected to extend domestic calling service to more than 65 countries during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Cloud Calling Market Include:
- Atos Group (Unify)
- Avaya Inc.
- AVOXI, Inc.
- CallCurrent, Inc. (MightyCall)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (Webex)
- Dialpad, Inc.
- Exotel Techcom Pvt. Ltd.
- Fuze, Inc.
- Kaleyra Inc.
- Knowlarity Communications Pvt Ltd
- Mitel Networks Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nextiva, Inc.
- RingCentral, Inc.
- Vonage Holdings Corporation
- 8x8 Inc.
Global Cloud Calling Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud Calling Market, by Solution
- Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC/UCaaS)
- Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
Global Cloud Calling Market, by Service
- Training and Consulting Service
- Support and Maintenance Service
- Managed Service
Global Cloud Calling Market, by Type
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Global Cloud Calling Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- IT and Telecommunication
- Travel and Hospitality
- Media and Entertainment
- Others (Transportation and Logistics, Automotive, and Energy and Utilities)
Global Cloud Calling Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global Cloud Calling Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America