Closed Molding Composites Market: Introduction
- Closed molding is a type of technology, which allows the manufacturing of better polymer composite parts in less time, with less wastage, and reduced emissions
- Closed molding methods have replaced open molding methods, as the former inherit environmental and quality issues. Compared to open molding, closed molding processes enable manufacturers to develop parts faster and with consistency. The finished parts have better surface cosmetics, thus reducing the need for post work.
- Manufacturing processes associated with closed molding composites, such as resin transfer molding (RTM) and vacuum infusion process (VIP) are eco-friendly and help in reducing emissions of volatile organic compounds, including styrene vapors, into the atmosphere
- Closed molding offers a variety of benefits — from reducing styrene emissions and cost to improving quality and increasing production volume. However, open molding remains the norm within the composites industry.
- Recent advancements in closed molding composite methods have led to their use in different end-use applications, such as marine, aerospace, automotive, construction, and transportation
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Closed Molding Composites Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Closed Molding Composites Market
- Composites are light in weight compared to most woods and metals. Some modern airplanes are built with more composites than metals, including the new Boeing 787, Dreamliner. Carbon fiber composites have a higher strength-to-weight ratio than conventional materials. This increase in demand for composites in the aeronautics sector is driving the global closed molding composites market.
- The automotive sector has witnessed high demand for panels and other materials for automotive vehicles due to increased urbanization throughout the globe. This had driven the use of composites material in the industry.
- Demand for renewable energy is increasing. Hence, the wind energy sector is driving the global closed molding composites market. Moreover, there is a growing demand for lightweight long blades for wind turbine, thus creating opportunities for carbon fiber composites.
- Composites are good insulators, as they do not easily conduct heat or cold. They are used in the construction industry in doors, panels, and windows where extra protection is needed from extreme weather conditions.
- Advanced composite materials have a decade long history in military and government aerospace industries. Composite materials are used in military aviation in mechanical, thermal, chemical, and ballistic applications. Fiber reinforced plastic composites are used in these applications specifically.
- Growing popularity of composite liftgates has led to the development of a new primerless structural adhesive by Ashland LLC. It is mainly formulated for low-modulus/high-elongation properties and is said to be ideal in handling coefficient of linear thermal expansion (CLTE) mismatches in hybrid-material systems; for instance, bonded liftgate panels. The adhesive was specifically formulated for low-surface-energy olefin substrates such as long-fiber polypropylene structural/inner panels.
- The U.S. Department of Energy announced that the Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI), a US$ 259 Mn public-private partnership. The Institute will focus on building advanced composites that less expensive and less energy-intensive, while also manufacturing composites that are easier to recycle.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Closed Molding Composites Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Closed Molding Composites Market
Some of the major key players operating in the global closed molding composites market are:
- Continental Structural Plastics Inc.
- A. Schulman, Inc.
- Scott Bader Company Ltd
- New Boston RTM
- Molded Plastic Industries, Inc.
- STRONGWELL CORPORATION
Global Closed Molding Composites Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Vacuum Bagging
- Vacuum Infusion Processing (VIP)
- Resin Transfer Modeling (RTM)
- Compression Molding
- Reinforced Reaction Injection Molding (RRIM)
- Continuous Lamination
- Centrifugal Casting
Global Closed Molding Composites Market, by Material Type
- Additives & fillers
- Surface Finishes
- Core Materials
Global Closed Molding Composites Market, by Application
- Wind Energy/Power
Global Closed Mold Composite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.