Clinical Genomics: Introduction
- A genome is a complete set of DNA contained in a single cell of an organism. Genomics is a branch of genetics that studies the sequencing and interpretation of a living organism's genome. Clinical genomics is the analysis of an organism's genetic make-up for diagnostic reasons such as cancer prognosis or diagnosis, determining pre-existing causes of a potential disease, and tailoring care regimens to the needs of a patient. Advancement in molecular biology has revolutionized cancer detection and treatment. Modern disease detection techniques focused on the detection of DNA and RNA have several benefits over conventional methods.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Clinical Genomics Market
- Continuous innovation in clinical genomics to be major driver
- Clinical genomics innovation has resulted in improved health services and improved treatment options for patients. Genetic screening offers various tools for the detection of genetic diseases, including RT-PCR, microarray sequencing, and next-generation sequencing. Availability of various technologies for disease detection provides several options, depending on the cost of the examination, its capability, and other factors. This is projected to fuel the growth of the global clinical genomics market during the forecast period. Comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), also known as chromosomal microarray analysis (CMA), is a technique for identifying copy number variations.
- CGH is considered a new technology that can be used to identify chromosomal abnormalities as well as solid tumors. Due to advances in workflow and cost efficiency, array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) is quickly becoming the preferred CGH technique over other conventional techniques. The technology is expected to replace current conventional banding techniques, which in turn is anticipated to propel the global clinical genomics market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths globally each year, with 70% of new cancer cases projected to be identified in the next 20 years.
- Each type of cancer requires a different approach to treatment. Hence, demand for clinical genomics is expected to increase during the forecast period, driven by rise in prevalence of cancer and the need for personalized medicine. The clinical genomics industry is still in a nascent stage. This is likely to provide significant opportunities to market players.
Clinical Genomics Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product type, the global clinical genomics market can be classified into instruments, consumables & reagents, and services
- Based on application, the global clinical genomics market can be categorized into diagnostics, newborn screening, genetics, carrier screening, prenatal screening, and others
- In terms of test type, the global clinical genomics market can be segregated into molecular tests, chromosomal tests, and biochemical tests
- Based on end-user, the global clinical genomics market can be divided into hospitals & clinics, government laboratories & research centers, academics & research institutes, and specialized clinics
Asia Pacific Clinical Genomics Market to Grow at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global clinical genomics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe are projected to be the leading markets for clinical genomics due to rise in health care spending and increase in awareness and adoption of new diagnostic approaches.
- The clinical genomics market is anticipated to expand rapidly due to changing demographics in developing countries such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa. These countries' public and private health care spending is expected to rise, inducing companies to shift attention to these markets.
- In the near future, improvements in health care facilities and government reimbursement schemes in both developed and emerging markets are likely to present opportunities in the global clinical genomics market.
Leading Players Operating in Global Clinical Genomics Market
The global clinical genomics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global clinical genomics market are:
- Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI)
- Centogene AG
- Clinical Genomics Technologies Pty Ltd.
- Eurofins Scientific SE
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Gene by Gene Ltd.
- GenomeDx Biosciences, Inc.
- Genomic Health, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Invitae Corporation
- Iverson Genetic Diagnostics, Inc.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Natera, Inc.
- NeoGenomics, Inc.
- OPKO Health, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Personalis, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Retrogen, Inc.
- Rosetta Genomics, Ltd.
- Strand Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Veritas Genetics
Global Clinical Genomics Market: Research Scope
Global Clinical Genomics Market, by Product Type
- Consumables & Reagents
Global Clinical Genomics Market, by Application
- Newborn Screening
- Carrier Screening
- Prenatal Screening
Global Clinical Genomics Market, by Test Type
- Molecular Tests
- Chromosomal Tests
- Biochemical Tests
Global Clinical Genomics Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Government Laboratories & Research Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Clinical Genomics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.