Cleaning mops are used to clean floors and other surfaces to remove dust or for other cleaning purposes. A cleaning mop also known as floor mop is a mix of uneven strings, sponge, and a piece of cloth, yarn or other material which is attached to a stick that absorbs water or other liquid substances. Prevention of user fatigue and probable on the job injuries while using cleaning mops were some of the prime factors for the development of new material and ergonomic designs and technologically advance cleaning mops.
Online platform has helped consumers to select products at an affordable price point, ultimately resulting in boosting the demand for cleaning mops products. However, many cleaning mops that are technologically advance with ergonomic designs are expensive in nature and hence are less affordable. This proves to be a restraining factor for the growth of the cleaning mops market. Presence of counterfeit products is another restraining factor for the growth of the cleaning mops market.
Cleaning mops market – Competitive Landscape
The global Cleaning mops market is highly competitive. Several international and domestic players are operating in this market.
- Key competitors across the globe are competing with each other with respect to new product designs and technology advancements in order to attain competitive edge in the market. Advancements in technology and geographic presence play important roles in gaining a competitive edge in the market.
- Major players in the cleaning mops market are focusing towards designing cost-effective, eco-friendly, and lightweight high quality microfiber products that require less time for cleaning and offers a great scrubbing action to gain the satisfaction of end-users.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
The Libman Company
The Libman Company is a private owned company established in 1896. The company is involved in the business of manufacturing brooms, brushes, mops and cleaning tools. The Libman Company has huge customer base that spread across the globe is focused towards innovation, design and quality of products.
Freudenberg Gala Household Product Private Limited
Freudenberg Gala Household Product Private Limited is involved in the business of manufacturers and distributors of cleaning tools since 1986. The company was formed in 2009 as the result of a joint venture between Gala Brush and Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions. The company has global network of about 250 distribution partners. The company is also focus towards enhancing its product portfolio to fulfill the requirement of end-users.
Key players in the market include Nellie's Clean Incorporated (Canada), The Libman Company, Premier Mop & Broom, O-Cedar (the U.S.), Rubbermaid Spray Mop (Ireland), LINKYO Floor Mop (South Korea), Mopnado Spin Mop (South Korea), Casabella.com (the U.S.), The 3M Company (The U.S.), and Freudenberg Gala Household Product Private Limited (India).
Cleaning mops market – Dynamics
Increase in Disposable Income of End-Users
The global cleaning mops market is anticipated to expand at an exponential growth rate in the near future. Increasing disposable income worldwide has been one of the prime factors for the growth of the cleaning mops market. With increase in disposable income, individuals’ esthetic needs have increased, which has resulted in enhanced purchase of high end and high quality cleaning mops.
Increase in Number of Housing Units
Rapid growth in the number of housing units in urban areas due to shift of rural population to urban areas has been another factor driving the growth of the cleaning mops market. In addition to this, robust growth in overall commercial and industrial sector has also gained demand for cleaning mops all over the globe.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Cleaning mops market – Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the Cleaning mops market is segmented into:
- Dry mops
- Wet mops
- Mops for pre-moisting
- Hot mops
- Microfiber mops
Based on end-user, market is segmented into:
Based on distribution channel, market is segmented into:
- Online channel
- Company owned portals
- E-commerce sites
- Offline channel
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
- Specialty stores
- Retail based stores
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.