Global Clamshell Blisters Market - Overview:
Clamshell blisters were first utilized in pharmaceuticals and served the purpose of primary packaging. With advancements in technology, clamshell blisters packaging is extensively being employed in all end user segments, such as consumer & industrial goods, food industry and veterinary & nutraceuticals. Clamshell blisters packages are mainly of two types: clear thermoformed clamshell blisters and cold form clamshell blisters. Clamshell blisters with a cavity are known as clear thermoformed clamshell blisters and clamshell blisters with the foil as a cavity are known as cold form clamshell blisters. Pharmaceuticals accounts for a major share in the global clamshell blisters market, the packaging has been specially designed for pharmaceuticals to enable the patients to check whether the prescribed dosage has been taken or not. Easy portability and convenience of clamshell blisters as compared to conventional packages is also one of the prime reasons behind the growth of the pharmaceuticals market.
Global Clamshell Blisters Market - Dynamics:
Clamshell blisters packs are more sustainable. They can retain their shape without getting deformed, this feature widens their applications. Clamshell blisters are made from aluminum, are tamper resistant and do not allow materials to twist or buckle. Deformations are usually caused in packer bottles as they are made of brittle materials. Recent key product developments and innovations in clamshell blisters packaging have made it possible for users to easily keep a track on their smart phones. Clamshell Blisters consist of an ultra - low power processor and radio linked with thin plastic foil. Clamshell blisters behave as a rigid material and protects the content from light humidity and UV rays. In addition, clamshell blisters act as a perfect sealing agent for microbes and provide stable and reliable solution for pills. This feature has extended the shelf life of clamshell blisters. Furthermore, clamshell blisters packaging is also gaining more popularity as they provide an aseptic solution. Clamshell blisters packs have lower manufacturing cost as compared to other materials. All these factors would help the clamshell blisters market to grow significantly over the forecast period. However, Clamshell blisters market may be hampered by the fact but these are not suitable for carrying heavier materials.
Global Clamshell Blisters Market - Segmentation:
The global clamshell blisters market is segmented by material type, technology type and by end use.
On the basis of material type, the global clamshell blisters market is segmented into -
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Others (Bio plastics, etc.)
- Paper & Paper board
On the basis of technology type, the global clamshell blisters market is segmented into -
- Cold Form clamshell blisters
- Thermoformed clamshell blisters
On the basis of end use, the global clamshell blisters market is segmented into -
- Veterinary & Nutraceuticals
- Medical Devices
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Industrial Goods
- Consumers Goods
- Electrical & Electronics Goods
Clamshell blisters are mainly used for pharmaceuticals and electronics applications.
Global Clamshell Blisters Market – Regional Overview:
The North American Clamshell Blisters market is expected to dominate the global clamshell blisters market during the forecast period. The European clamshell blisters market, on the other hand, is expected to be right behind the North America Clamshell Blisters counterpart. The Asia Pacific clamshell blisters market is expected to witness extensive growth during the forecast period due to growing demand from the pharmaceutical sector in the region. The clamshell blisters market in the Middle East is anticipated to witness above average growth during the forecast period 2018 to 2028.
Global Clamshell Blisters Market – Key Players:
Some of the key players operating across the value chain of the clamshell blisters market are Placon Corporation Inc., Rohrer Corporation, Sonoco Products Company, Display Pack, Inc., Transparent Container, Inc., Blisterpak, Inc., FormPaks International Co. Ltd., Ecobliss Holdings BV., etc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, and qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The global clamshell blisters market is divided into seven major regions, which are as follows -
- North America
- Asia - Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.