Cladding is any particular material used to cover the exterior of a structure. Cladding may or may not be waterproof, but it controls how components fall on a surfaceor hit it. Cladding can also be used fora decorative purposein order to camouflage a more structural but not appealing substrate. Cladding systems can serve functions such as precipitation control, crack control andmovement joints, vapor andair control, and insulation. The global cladding systems market can besegmented on the basis of material, component, application, and region. Based on material, the market can besegregated into fiber cement, vinyl, metal, brick & stone, stucco & eiffs, wood, and others. The vinyl segment accounted for amajor market share in 2016 and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period. This is attributableto easy availability and low cost of vinyl. As a result, it is the most widely used material in cladding systems all over the world. The metal cladding segment is projectedto witness rapid growthfrom 2017 to 2025. This is because metal claddings arehighly durable and aestheticallypleasant. Moreover, they can be fully recycled and they are eco-friendly.This results in the rise indemand for metal claddings across the world.
Based on component, the global cladding systems market has beendividedinto windows & doors, roofs, walls, and others. Thewalls segment accounted fora leading market share in 2016 and the trend is estimatedto continueduring the forecast period. Walls constitute alarge portion of any building and cladding systems protect walls from extreme weather conditions by covering them. Wallsalso enhance the aesthetics of abuilding. The windows &doors segment is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This growth is due to the fact that windows and doors need protection for longevity and durability. Based on application, the global market for cladding systems has beensegmentedinto residential and non-residential. The non-residential segment held a major market share in 2016 and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period. Thesegment is likely to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This is attributableto increasing requirement forinnovative infrastructure and replacement of old infrastructure, especially in developing countries.
Major factorsfuelingthe global cladding systems market include high durability of thesesystems. With high durability, cladding systems are being increasingly employedto protect buildings. In addition, increase innon-residential and commercial construction activities is augmentingthe global cladding systems market. Non-residential is the leadingrevenue-generating segment ofthe cladding systems market. However, high installation cost is a major restraint forthe global market for cladding systems. Rapid urbanization in developing countries of Asia Pacific such as China and India provesto be a major growth opportunity forthe market. Furthermore, surgingdemand for the use of sustainable materials in cladding systems is anothergrowthopportunity forthe global cladding systems market.
Geographically, the global cladding systems market has beensegregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East &Africa, and Latin America. North America held a leadingmarket share in 2016 and is expected to continue its dominanceduring the forecast period. The market in Asia Pacific is projectedto witness rapid growth during the forecast period, owing to rapidly expanding construction sector and rapid urbanizationin the region.
Major players operating inthe global cladding systems market include Tata Steel Limited (India), Etex Group (Belgium), Alcoa Inc. (the U.S.), Compagnie DE Saint Gobain SA (France), James Hardie Industries PLC (Ireland), Nichiha Corporation (Japan), CSR Limited (Australia), Axiall Corporation (the U.S.), Boral Limited (Australia), and Cembrit Holding A/S (Denmark).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.