Citrus Bioflavonoids Market
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market (Nature: Conventional and Organic; Source: Orange Peel, Grapefruit Peel, and Lemons & Lime Peel; Form: Tablets, Capsules, Gummies, and Powder; Flavonoid Type: Hesperidin, Tangeretin, Rutin, Nobiletin, Naringin, Quercetin, Diosmin, and Other Citrus Flavonoids; Sales Channel: B2B and B2C [Modern Trade, Medical Stores, Specialty Stores, and Online Stores];and End Use: Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals & Nutraceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Food & Beverages, and Animal Feed) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
COVID-19 Fuels Demand for Citrus Bioflavonoid Supplements for Effective Immunoregulation
Companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market are capitalizing on value-grab opportunities, due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, since these health agents help in immunoregulation. Wuhan being the epicenter of the virus reported increasing number of pneumonia cases, which stirred a demand for citrus fruits rich in flavonoids. Thus, citrus bioflavonoid supplements are emerging as a novel candidate to reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms.
An unprecedented demand for antiviral agents bolstered the credibility of companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market. Health-promoting benefits of flavonoids such as cough relief and regulation of digestive health are helping to increase patient outcomes. Likewise, increased clinical trials validate the importance of hesperidin that acts as an inhibitor to the COVID-19 strain. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to induce hesperidin and naringin in nutraceuticals.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Citrus Bioflavonoids Market
Citrus Bioflavonoid Ingredients Instrumental in Reducing Insulin Resistance
Citrus bioflavonoids hold promising potentials in managing blood sugar levels. Companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market are gaining proficiency in clinical trials to innovate in new bioflavonoid complexes that help to control blood pressure, sugar levels, and inflammation. They are increasing efforts to combine the efficacy of eriocitrin with other bioactives such as naringin and hesperidin to minimize health issues of pre-diabetes and inflammation patients. An alarmingly high prevalence of pre-diabetes patients worldwide is a key driver, which is boosting the growth for the citrus bioflavonoids market, where the market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2 Bn by the end of 2030.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies are participating in trade events to launch their products and gain visibility among target customers. They are teaming up with international medical laboratories to validate their clinical trials about citrus bioflavonoid ingredients. Randomized study on prediabetics is helping companies to gain insights on how bioflavonoids help to reduce insulin resistance and systolic blood pressure.
Glucosyl-hesperidin holds Promising Potentials in Renal Disease Management
Health benefits of citrus bioflavonoids are being highly publicized in the market landscape. Researchers in Japan claim to find a promising citrus bioflavonoid that can help reduce the progression of kidney disease. For instance, Thanutchaporn Kumrungsee — an assistant professor of the molecular nutrition laboratory at the Hiroshima University states that novel citrus bioflavonoid complexes hold growth potentials in the field of functional foods.
Since chronic kidney disease (CKD) affects millions of people every year, ingredient companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market are focusing on functional food to prevent the progression of CKD in patients. Since most CKD cases require dialysis or kidney transplantation in end stage diagnosis, healthcare practitioners are now recommending the consumption of bioflavonoid supplements to reduce the severity of renal diseases. Companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market are taking cues from mouse models that show a decrease in inflammation within the kidneys with the assistance of glucosyl-hesperidin (G-Hes).
e-Commerce Generates Revenue Streams for Companies Focusing on Transparency in Product Reviews
The citrus bioflavonoids market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period. Bioflavonoids are gaining increased visibility in dietary supplements and pharmaceutical products. However, not all uses of citrus bioflavonoids are approved by the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Association). This poses as a challenge to introduce new product offerings in nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals for companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market. Hence, companies are educating customers to read the labels of products before consumption and to seek medical prescription from doctors to avoid any side effects on products.
On the other hand, companies are tapping into incremental opportunities via e-Commerce to generate revenue streams. For instance, Purayati is an emerging Indian brand dealing in multivitamins and supplements, and is aggressive on marketing its vitamin C tablets induced with citrus bioflavonoids that act as effective antioxidants. The transparency in product reviews is bolstering the credibility of manufacturers and increasing product uptake. Manufacturers are adopting ISO (International Organization for Standardization)-certified manufacturing plants to meet requirements of pro-health customers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Citrus Bioflavonoids Market
Health-promoting attributes of hesperidin and naringin in supplements are gaining increased visibility amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, owing to its properties that deploy immunoregulation and improve digestive health of patients. On the other hand, bioflavonoids play a crucial role in inhibiting the progression of renal diseases and controls blood sugar levels.
Bioflavonoid nutraceuticals help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. However, unstructured manufacturing standards are associated with supplements being contaminated with toxic metals and other drugs. Hence, companies should adopt ISO-certified manufacturing facilities that deliver transparency in production activities. e-Commerce is emerging as an important revenue generator, owing to health-conscious customers who seek product reviews before making purchases.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market: Overview
- The global citrus bioflavonoids market’s value stood at ~US$ 1 Bn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach ~US$ 2 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.2%.
- The citrus bioflavonoids market is anticipated to have a profitable business due to the rising demand from several end users. The citrus bioflavonoids market is also propelled by increasing application in the preparation of RTE beverages, bakeries, confectioneries, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and animal feed. Apart from this, consumers' inclination toward plant-based ingredients in also driving the market growth.
- Citrus products are used as food ingredients since a very long time, owing to their many health benefits. These health benefits are provided through the citrus peel, flavonoids or the pulp part and the flavonoid providing parts are also the same that is peel and the fiber part of the fruit. This increases the application; hence, the opportunity of citrus bioflavonoids in the longer run.
Citrus Bioflavonoids: Market Frontrunners
- Organic and conventional citrus bioflavonoids are key segments in terms of nature, among which, the conventional segment is leading and accounts approximately ~84.7% of the market share in 2020 in terms of value
- Orange peel is the leading segment in the global citrus bioflavonoids market on the basis of the source. It is followed by grapefruit peel and lemons & lime peel. These segments accounted for 27.1% and 21.5% of the market, respectively, in term of value.
- Tablets, capsules, gummies, and powder are the main segments of the global citrus bioflavonoids market based on form. Among these segments, capsules and powder hold approximately ~64% market share in terms of market value.
- Based on flavonoid type, the global citrus bioflavonoids market is categorized into hesperidin, tangeretin, rutin, nobiletin, naringin, quercetin, diosmin, and other citrus bioflavonoids, among which, the hesperidin is holding the leading market share of approximately ~21.4% in terms of value in 2020.
- The global citrus bioflavonoids market is also analyzed on the basis of sales channel; for this analysis, the market is classified into B2B and B2C sales channel. The B2B segment holds approximately ~82% market share in 2020.
- Based on end use, the global citrus bioflavonoids market is classified into dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals & nutraceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, food & beverages, and animal feed. Among these segments, food & beverages segment holds the maximum share in 2020 in terms of market value.
- The global citrus bioflavonoids market is also analyzed on the basis of the region, including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia (South & East), Oceania, and Middle East & Africa. Among these segments, Europe holds the leading market share of the global citrus bioflavonoids market, which is approximately ~36.7% and followed by North America, and East Asia that is 20.8% and ~11.9% of total market share.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market: Trends
- Growing consumer focus on product safety and origin of raw materials
Consumers’ curiosity in the product quality and safety, and inclination toward natural products are key factors driving the market for citrus bioflavonoids, as manufacturers claim that products made from citrus bioflavonoids are safe and free from allergens.
- Clean labels creating new opportunities for citrus bioflavonoids
Measures to eliminate product labels of mono- & di-glycerides, titanium dioxide, carrageenan, and phosphates, which add to the unacceptable ingredients’ list of food marketers have created potential opportunities in the adoption of citrus bioflavonoids sourced from by-products of the juicing industry. Citrus bioflavonoids are replacing clouding agents such as carrageenan in plant-based beverages, gum Arabica in juices, coffee drinks & protein shakes, and tomato paste in pasta sauce.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market: Strategies
- Manufacturers operating in the citrus bioflavonoids market are launching several products via online channels and are also offering great discounts on their products to improve their e-sales. The players are expanding their product portfolio to include a wide variety of products and are making these products usable for various sectors. This is one of the key strategies adopted by the manufacturers these days.
- Product Launches and Key Innovations: Producers have started incorporating several products that improve immunity and prevent infections from various pathogens.
- In March 2019, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd. has introduced a new synbiotic beverage in the South Korean market; the product is enriched with an active bioflavonoid – MicrobiomeX.
- In November 2017, Ingredients by Nature LLC has introduced a new product line for the citrus bioflavonoids under the Brewster brand. The company states that citrus bioflavonoids offered under Brewster brand are available in granules and powder form offers broad bioflavonoid profiles.
Target Region for Citrus Bioflavonoids Market
- As of 2020, based on value, Europe holds the leading market share and it is estimated to continue leading the global market during the forecast period. After Europe, North America is at the second place holding the major share of the global citrus bioflavonoids market during the upcoming period.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market: Players
- Some of the key players operating in the global citrus bioflavonoids market, as profiled in the study, include Ingredients by
- Nature LLC
- Solgar Inc.
- Freeda Vitamins Inc.
- NOW Foods
- Organika Health Products Inc.
- Natural Factors Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Country Life LLC.
- Merck KGaA
- Cayman Chemical Company
- Nacalai Tesque Inc.
- Nans Products
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A.
- BOC Sciences
- J&K Scientific Ltd.
- Hunan Sunfull Bio-tech Co., Ltd.
- Yaan Times Biotech
- Hunan Yuantong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- MORRE-TEC Industries
- Destilaciones Bordas Chinchurreta S.A.
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.,
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the citrus bioflavonoids market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the citrus bioflavonoids market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the citrus bioflavonoids market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the citrus bioflavonoids market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the citrus bioflavonoids, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the citrus bioflavonoids market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the citrus bioflavonoids market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the citrus bioflavonoids market can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Citrus Bioflavonoids Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for citrus bioflavonoids market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for citrus bioflavonoids during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the citrus bioflavonoids market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the citrus bioflavonoids market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the citrus bioflavonoids market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the citrus bioflavonoids market to catapult their position in the forefront?
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market: Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the citrus bioflavonoids market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for compiling the citrus bioflavonoids market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Information acquired from primary resources and secondary resources is compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the citrus bioflavonoids market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Citrus Bioflavonoids Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the citrus bioflavonoids market offers information divided into important segments — nature, source, form, flavonoid type, sales channel, end use, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.