Cinnamaldehyde Market: Unsaturated aldehyde
- Cinnamaldehyde is a pale yellow, viscous liquid that is present in the bark of cinnamon trees. The essential?oil of cinnamon bark contains about 55% to 76% cinnamaldehyde. It is also utilized as a building block to manufacture derivatives such as cinnamic alcohol, 3-phenyl propanol, and cinnamonitrile.
- The derivatives of cinnamaldehyde include dihydrocinnamyl, dihydrocinnamaldehyde, and cinnamyl alcohol. It’s primarily used to fight tooth decay and bad breath and enhance oral health. Furthermore, cinnamaldehyde possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties, which help reduce infections. In the food & beverage industry, cinnamaldehyde is often used in a range of 9 ppm to 4900 ppm.
- Cinnamaldehyde is extensively utilized in various end-use applications such as flavor & fragrance, agriculture, healthcare, and other (including corrosion inhibitor). Among these applications, flavor & fragrance is estimated to be the leading segment and hold a major share of the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Rise in demand for personnel care products to drive the cinnamaldehyde market
- Rising urbanization coupled with increasing disposable income of consumers is anticipated to drive the perfume market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in spending by consumers on personal care products and rise in research & development activities about the benefits associated with fragrance are driving the cinnamaldehyde market.
- Additionally, development of new flavors with improved taste and increased emphasis on unique taste in processed food products are estimated to drive the global flavors market, which in turn is anticipated to drive the cinnamaldehyde market in the near future.
- In the agricultural sector, cinnamaldehyde is utilized as an antifungal agent, for corn rootworm attractant, and dog and cat repellent. Moreover, it can also be employed as a casing in soil for growing mushrooms, row crops, turf, and other food commodities. Use of cinnamaldehyde as a fungicide and insecticide is projected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Flavor & fragrance segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Increase in demand for personal care products coupled with the expansion of food and beverages segment is expected to propel the cinnamaldehyde market during the forecast period. Rise in usage of flavors in pharmaceutical, supplements for diets, and nutraceuticals is anticipated to boost the flavor & fragrance segment in the near future.
- Rise in industrialization across the globe has led to the increase in manufacturing of scented or flavored commodities such as refined food, soaps, detergents, household cleaners, personal care products and oral hygiene products. All these factors are expected to fuel the flavor & fragrance segment of the market.
- Additionally, utilization of cinnamaldehyde in a wide range of food products, such as non-alcoholic beverages, ice cream, candy, baked goods, chewing gum, and meats, is expected to offer lucrative opportunity to the cinnamaldehyde market in the near future.
Increase in regulations on cinnamaldehyde to hamper the market
- Cinnamaldehyde is an allergy causing agent in humans and numerous reports state that it can cause skin irritation in humans. The Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety have recommended the limit of 0.01% cinnamaldehyde, as a fragrance in cosmetic products.
- According to the current IFRA guidelines, the limit sets the usage of cinnamaldehyde in a concentrations of about 0.02% in lip care and deodorant products, 0.04% in intimate wipes, 0.4% in mouthwashes, and 0.05% in all other personal care products including fragrances.
Asia Pacific is projected to hold prominent share of the global cinnamaldehyde market
- In terms of region, the global cinnamaldehyde market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a prominent market for cinnamaldehyde. Increase in disposable income of people coupled with a rise in living standards has led to an increase in spending power of consumers in the region. Increase in spending power has led to a rise in the usage of perfumes, which in turn is boosting the cinnamaldehyde market in the region.
- Rising import of cinnamaldehyde in Latin America and Middle East & Africa owing to its excellent flavoring properties is expected to boost its demand in both regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cinnamaldehyde Market here
Key players operating in the Cinnamaldehyde market
Demand within cinnamaldehyde market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the global market. Key players operating in the cinnamaldehyde market include
- LANXESS AG
- Emerald Performance Materials, LLC
- Payan Berthand S.A.
Global Cinnamaldehyde Market: Research Scope
Global Cinnamaldehyde Market, by End-use
- Flavor & fragrance
- Other (including corrosion inhibitor, etc)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.