Chromatography Silica Resins Market: Overview
- Column chromatography is a technique used to separate individual compounds from a mixture. In column chromatography, chromatography silica resins are used as adsorbents and are generally packed in a glass column.
- Chromatography silica resins are available in various grades, particle and pore sizes, and are useful for all types of low-pressure, medium-pressure, and flash column chromatography. These are used for cleaning and purification of a wide range of synthetic and natural compounds.
Ultrapure Silica Segment to Lead Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- There is huge demand for ultrapure silica in the global chromatography silica resins market. In terms of purity, the ultrapure silica segment accounted for a significant share of the global chromatography silica resins market in 2018, and is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Rise in demand for use in biopharmaceuticals coupled with increased use of high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is anticipated to drive the ultrapure silica segment.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- Growth of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is expected to drive the demand for chromatographic silica resins during the forecast period. In the pharmaceutical industry, silica gel column chromatography is used to segregate and collect different components of a drug. Chromatography silica resins is used in the purification process of antibiotics such as rosarimicin, coloradocin, and benzanthrins, among others. Chromatography silica resins are also used in the study of medicines such as hypnotics, sedatives, analgesics, local anesthetics, and steroids.
- Chromatographic silica resins are used in thin-layer chromatography in biomedical analysis. There is a growing demand for medicines in developing economies such as China and India. This is expected to drive the demand for biopharmaceuticals, which, in turn, will propel the global chromatographic silica resin market during the forecast period.
- Chromatography is an important method to examine adulteration in food products. In the food industry, this method is widely used in various applications such as vitamin separation, sugar content analysis, triglyceride determination, determination of nutritional quality of food, spoilage detection, analysis of amino acids, colorants and residues, detection of aflatoxins in food products etc. Hence, the use of chromatographic silica resins in the food industry is expected to increase, owing to the expanding food industry in countries such as India.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market Growth
- Activated alumina is known for produce superior outcomes as a result of separation and purification techniques. Alumina is used with neutral, acidic, and basic compounds due to its atmospheric properties. However, silica gel can only be used in limited industries, while activated alumina is used for environmental cleanup and in other applications, including biohazard, bioterrorism, and gas and liquid dehydration applications.
- Alumina resins is used in various applications at a relatively lower cost and thus, are preferred over silica resins. This factor is likely hamper the growth of the global chromatographic silica resin market during forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Account for Large Share of Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- The chromatography silica resins market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period. In emerging markets, such as China and India, there is an increase in demand for chromatography from various end-use industries, including the food industry as a result of economic growth. This is projected to drive the chromatographic silica resin market in the region.
- China and India are likely to create lucrative opportunities for chromatographic silica resin manufacturers during the forecast period, owing to the huge demand for pharmaceutical products in these countries.
- Economic growth of China and India has resulted in increased government budgets for healthcare and biomedical industries. In India, food security concerns have prompted the government to invest heavily in agriculture and soil testing. Thus, all these factors are anticipated to boost the chromatographic silica resin market in these countries.
- North America is expected to be an attractive market for chromatography silica resins. The region accounted for a major share of the global chromatographic silica resin market in 2018.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Chromatography Silica Resins Market here
Key Players in Chromatography Silica Resins Market
The global chromatography silica resins market is highly fragmented, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25% to 30% share of the global market. Key players operating in the chromatography silica resins market include:
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
- OSAKA SODA CO., LTD.
- SiliCycle Inc.
- Sorbead India
- Sepax Technologies, Inc.
- AGC Group
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Mesh Size
- Above 200
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Purity
- Pure Silica
- Ultrapure Silica
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Application
- Analytical Chromatography
- Process Chromatography
- Preparative Chromatography
- Gravity Chromatography
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by End-use Industry
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Food & Chemical
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.