Chromatography Silica Resins Market: Overview
- Column chromatography is a technique used to separate individual compounds from a mixture. In column chromatography, chromatography silica resins are used as adsorbents and are generally packed in a glass column.
- Chromatography silica resins are available in various grades, particle and pore sizes, and are useful for all types of low-pressure, medium-pressure, and flash column chromatography. These are used for cleaning and purification of a wide range of synthetic and natural compounds.
Ultrapure Silica Segment to Lead Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- There is huge demand for ultrapure silica in the global chromatography silica resins market. In terms of purity, the ultrapure silica segment accounted for a significant share of the global chromatography silica resins market in 2018, and is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Rise in demand for use in biopharmaceuticals coupled with increased use of high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is anticipated to drive the ultrapure silica segment.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- Growth of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is expected to drive the demand for chromatographic silica resins during the forecast period. In the pharmaceutical industry, silica gel column chromatography is used to segregate and collect different components of a drug. Chromatography silica resins is used in the purification process of antibiotics such as rosarimicin, coloradocin, and benzanthrins, among others. Chromatography silica resins are also used in the study of medicines such as hypnotics, sedatives, analgesics, local anesthetics, and steroids.
- Chromatographic silica resins are used in thin-layer chromatography in biomedical analysis. There is a growing demand for medicines in developing economies such as China and India. This is expected to drive the demand for biopharmaceuticals, which, in turn, will propel the global chromatographic silica resin market during the forecast period.
- Chromatography is an important method to examine adulteration in food products. In the food industry, this method is widely used in various applications such as vitamin separation, sugar content analysis, triglyceride determination, determination of nutritional quality of food, spoilage detection, analysis of amino acids, colorants and residues, detection of aflatoxins in food products etc. Hence, the use of chromatographic silica resins in the food industry is expected to increase, owing to the expanding food industry in countries such as India.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market Growth
- Activated alumina is known for produce superior outcomes as a result of separation and purification techniques. Alumina is used with neutral, acidic, and basic compounds due to its atmospheric properties. However, silica gel can only be used in limited industries, while activated alumina is used for environmental cleanup and in other applications, including biohazard, bioterrorism, and gas and liquid dehydration applications.
- Alumina resins is used in various applications at a relatively lower cost and thus, are preferred over silica resins. This factor is likely hamper the growth of the global chromatographic silica resin market during forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Account for Large Share of Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market
- The chromatography silica resins market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period. In emerging markets, such as China and India, there is an increase in demand for chromatography from various end-use industries, including the food industry as a result of economic growth. This is projected to drive the chromatographic silica resin market in the region.
- China and India are likely to create lucrative opportunities for chromatographic silica resin manufacturers during the forecast period, owing to the huge demand for pharmaceutical products in these countries.
- Economic growth of China and India has resulted in increased government budgets for healthcare and biomedical industries. In India, food security concerns have prompted the government to invest heavily in agriculture and soil testing. Thus, all these factors are anticipated to boost the chromatographic silica resin market in these countries.
- North America is expected to be an attractive market for chromatography silica resins. The region accounted for a major share of the global chromatographic silica resin market in 2018.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Chromatography Silica Resins Market here
Key Players in Chromatography Silica Resins Market
The global chromatography silica resins market is highly fragmented, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25% to 30% share of the global market. Key players operating in the chromatography silica resins market include:
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
- OSAKA SODA CO., LTD.
- SiliCycle Inc.
- Sorbead India
- Sepax Technologies, Inc.
- AGC Group
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Mesh Size
- Above 200
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Purity
- Pure Silica
- Ultrapure Silica
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Application
- Analytical Chromatography
- Process Chromatography
- Preparative Chromatography
- Gravity Chromatography
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by End-use Industry
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Food & Chemical
Global Chromatography Silica Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.