Cholesterol is an organic molecule which is required by the body to function properly. High cholesterol in the body is likely to lead to coronary heart diseases and other heart diseases. There are two major types of cholesterol present in the body. Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) is a risk factor which is likely to lead to blockage in the heart arteries. High-Density Lipoproteins (HDL) helps in providing energy to the body and it removes the excess cholesterol in the body. The emerging problem in the recent decade is high levels of cholesterol. High cholesterol levels can be treated by following a balanced diet and some amount of physical activities such as walking, jogging and exercising. And this can also be treated by consuming cholesterol-lowering foods such as cholesterol-lowering spreads, foods fortified with sterols and stanols, eggplant and many more. The cholesterol-lowering spreads are helpful in lowering the LDL cholesterol in the body. The cholesterol-lowering spreads are usually used as a replacement for butter. The increasing risk of heart diseases will directly lead to the consumption of cholesterol-lowering spreads, which eventually increases the market potential of cholesterol-lowering spreads.
Reason for covering cholesterol-lowering spreads as title:
Cholesterol-lowering spreads are made up of plant stanol, a plant-based ingredient proven to lower cholesterol. The plant stanol is naturally found in vegetables, grains, and fruits. Cholesterol-lowering spreads are proven to lower the cholesterol in many scientific studies due to the presence of plant stanols in it, without any side effects. The FDA states that a daily total intake of 2 grams from phytosterol-containing foods such as cholesterol-lowering spreads, when eaten with a meal or snacks, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, reduces the risk of heart disease.
Global cholesterol-lowering spreads market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of end use, the global cholesterol-lowering spreads market has been segmented as
On the basis of nature, the global cholesterol-lowering spreads market has been segmented as
- Organic cholesterol-lowering spreads
- Conventional cholesterol-lowering spreads
On the basis of product type, the global cholesterol-lowering spreads market has been segmented as
- Original cholesterol-lowering spreads
- Light cholesterol-lowering spreads
On the basis of distribution channel, the global cholesterol-lowering spreads market has been segmented as
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
- Online Stores
Global Cholesterol-Lowering Spreads Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global cholesterol-lowering spreads market are BENECOL, Flora ProActiv, Kerry Group, among others.
Key Developments in Cholesterol-Lowering Spreads Market:
In the year 2017, BENECOL partner Neptunus launched Benecol powdered drink in China. This expansion to the world's most populated country supports open up new markets for Benecol products together with its licensing partners. The Benecol product launch in China will strengthen expansion into new growing markets of Asia.
In the year 2015, Flora ProActiv launched its new product ProActiv Spreads-Expert range. This product has Vitamin B1 in it apart from other vitamins and cholesterol-lowering agents.
Opportunities in the market for Cholesterol-Lowering Spreads:
The increase in the demand for cholesterol-free food and cholesterol-lowering food in the upcoming years is unstoppable. According to the WHO, the cholesterol-lowering spreads intake in Canada is more than the US and other regions. By distributing the products through small and large players, the growth of cholesterol-lowering spreads market will be relatively high.
Brief Approach to Research
The company follows a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the end uses, nature, product type and distribution channels of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.