Chocolate Compounds: Introduction
Chocolate compounds are also known as imitation chocolate as it is prepared by the substitute of cocoa butter such as vegetable oils. Chocolate compounds are one of the commonly used chocolate in the bakery industry. Coating chocolate, non-temper coatings, confectionery coating, or baker’s chocolate are the various trade name of Chocolate compounds. Chocolate Compounds are cheaper than cocoa butter because it is derived from the palm kernel oil and hard vegetable fats. Chocolate compounds are used as a coating agent for biscuits, candies, cookies, nuts, and dry fruits. Chips, bars, and slabs are the most preferred forms of chocolate compounds that are available in the market. The chocolate slabs are used in commercial applications. The cheaper prices of chocolate compounds and easy availability of raw materials as compared to cocoa butter are the key factors that are driving the global market growth of chocolate compounds.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Chocolate Compounds: Dynamics
Rising consumers’ inclination towards artisan and healthier chocolate has led to the entry of various large and small-scale chocolate compound manufacturers across the globe, to tailor to the rising demand from confectionaries and artisanal bakeries. The players are making all their efforts to produce chocolate compounds by using better-quality ingredients that have a wide range of palette flavors and extraordinary complexity. The consumers are shifting towards dairy-free ingredients based products in their diet due to the increasing vegan trend; most of the bars available in the market are vegan certified. Apart from vegan certification, various chocolate compound-based bars are also soy-free, gluten-free and nut-free. For instance, Mondelez International, Inc. one of the leading chocolate company, has come up with the various differentiation in its products, as the company uses vegetable oils, including Shea, and palm. Thus, increasing the popularity and application of Chocolate compounds in the global market. On the other hand, the increasing obesity is forcing customers to reduce the intake of confectionery, bakery, and chocolate products and strict regulations might stagnate the overall market growth.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Chocolate Compounds Market: Segmentation
The chocolate compounds market can be segmented based on nature, product type, application, and sales channel.
Based on nature, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
Based on form, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
- Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Slabs
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Coatings
Based on flavor, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
Based on source, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
- Vegetable oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm kernel oil
- Hydrogenated palm oil
- Others substitutes
Based on application, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
- Food Processing Industries
- Frozen desserts and Ice-Cream
- Syrups & Spreads
- Food Service Providers
- Retail/ Households
Based on sales channel, the chocolate compounds market can be segmented as –
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retailing
Chocolate Compounds: Key Players
Some of the key manufacturers of global chocolate compounds market include Mondelez International, Inc., Mars Inc., Barry Callebaut AG, Archer Daniels Midland Company, The Hershey Co., Nestle S.A., Foley’s Candies Ltd, Cargill Incorporated, Beryl’s Chocolate & Confectionery, Blommer Chocolate Company, Aalst Wilmar Pte Ltd, Palsgaard, and Puratos among others.
Chocolate Compounds: Opportunities & Product Launch
The increasing demand for chocolate compounds in developing as well as densely populated nations including China, Japan, and India, will have a direct influence on the development of global market. Chocolate compounds proficiently imitates the functional properties of real chocolate at less expense, which, in turn, is increasing the growth of chocolate compounds market. The key players in the chocolate compounds market are adopting several approaches including R&D, new product launch, geographic expansion, agreement, acquisitions to build up their business presence & portfolio. For instance, in 2018, Fuji Oil Holding acquired North American leading chocolate company- Blommer Chocolate. Blommer Chocolate is one of the top five leading manufacturers of North America and this acquisition will impact the growth in a positive way.
In August 2018, Barry Callebaut Group introduced the premium range of chocolate compounds under the brand name of Van Houten in Indian market.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the chocolate compounds market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, nature, product type, application, and sales channel of the chocolate compounds market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Chocolate Compounds Report:
- An overview of the global chocolate compounds market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the chocolate compounds market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the chocolate compounds market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial chocolate compounds segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the chocolate compounds, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of chocolate compounds market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the chocolate compounds market.
Regional analysis of the Chocolate Compounds market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, U.K., BENELUX, Nordic, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the chocolate compounds market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the chocolate compounds market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of chocolate compounds.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.