Chloroxylenol Market: Introduction
- Chloroxylenol (4-chloro-3, 5-dimethylphenol), also known as para-chloro-meta-xylenol (PCMX), is a broad spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound. It is an antiseptic and disinfectant that is used to control bacteria, algae, fungi, and virus.
- Chloroxylenol possesses antimicrobial properties that can be enhanced by additives. The antibacterial action in chloroxylenol can be ascribed to the disruption of cell membrane potential and stopping the function of enzymes. Chloroxylenol is available as a liquid.
- Chloroxylenol is widely used in households and hospitals for disinfection and sanitation, antibacterial soaps, wound-cleansing applications, and household antiseptics such as Dettol liquid (to which it contributes its distinctive odor), cream, and ointments. Application of chloroxylenol can cause mild skin irritation in some individuals.
- Chloroxylenol was developed in the 1920s in Europe. It is being used in the U.S. since the 1950s. Chloroxylenol is less toxic to humans. It is almost non-toxic to birds, moderately toxic to freshwater invertebrates, and highly toxic to fish and cats.
- Based on application, the global chloroxylenol market can be segmented into household cleaners, pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetics, and others
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Chloroxylenol Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chloroxylenol Market
- Chloroxylenol is mentioned in the list of essential medicines issued by the World Health Organization, owing to its medicinal usage such as antiseptic; and disinfectant agent for skin disinfection and surgical instruments. Rise in demand for chloroxylenol in medical and pharmaceutical industries is anticipated to fuel the global chloroxylenol market during the forecast period.
- Crystalline powder form of chloroxylenol is used in the formulation of bath products, makeup products, skin cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and feminine hygiene products, due to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Thus, rise in demand for chloroxylenol in the personal care & cosmetics industry is likely to drive the global chloroxylenol market in the next few years.
Chloroxylenol Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global chloroxylenol market can be classified into household cleaners, pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetics, and others
- Chloroxylenol possesses antimicrobial properties due to the disruption of cell membrane potential Thus, it is primarily used in soaps, household disinfectants & antiseptics such as Dettol liquid, wound cleaning application, creams, and ointments.
- Chloroxylenol is widely used in the formulation of cosmetic and personal care products including bath products, makeup products, skin cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and feminine hygiene products, due to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- Chloroxylenol is employed in the medical and pharmaceutical sectors to treat skin infections and clean surgical instruments, respectively, since it acts as an antiseptic and disinfecting agent
North America and Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Market for Chloroxylenol
- In terms of region, the global chloroxylenol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, North America accounted for major share of the chloroxylenol market in 2018. It is slated to constitute the key share of the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. is one of the technologically advanced regions across the globe. Demand for cosmetic and personal care products, wherein Chloroxylenol is used, is high in the country.
- Asia Pacific has been experiencing high rate of urbanization, growth in medical and pharmaceutical sector, and increase in population. Demand for chloroxylenol has been high in developing countries of Asia Pacific, including India and China, owing to the rise in disposable income of consumers, and improvement in the standard of living of the people.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to the growth in number of domestic players in vertical market segments
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Chloroxylenol Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Chloroxylenol Market
The global chloroxylenol market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Jiangsu Huanxin High-tech Materials
- Nanjing Datang Chemical
- Hunan Lijie Biochemical
- ComWin International
- Yudong Technology
- Liangyungang Liyan Chemical
- Tongling Qianyan New Material
- Jiangsu Equalchem
- Shandong Aoyou Biological Technology
- Hangzhou Huasheng Pharm and Chem
- Guangdong Aona New Material
- Hangzhou Jingyou Chemical
Global Chloroxylenol Market: Research Scope
Global Chloroxylenol Market, by Product Type
- Purity less than 98%
- Purity less than 99%
Global Chloroxylenol Market, by Application
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Household Cleaners
Global Chloroxylenol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.