Chloromethyl Styrene Market: Introduction
- Chloromethyl styrene, also called CMS and vinylbenzyl chloride, is a monomer, which belongs to vinyl and chloromethyl groups. The monomer has the ability to polymerize or copolymerize before or after functional reactions with the benzyl chloride group.
- In terms of application, the market can be segmented into ion exchange membrane, modifier, photography, and others. Owing to its structure, large numbers of nucleophilic substitution are available in the market. This fosters polymerization and copolymerization of new monomers. Additionally, chloromethyl styrene can be easily polymerized or copolymerized with various initiators. This helps enhance the process yield. In turn, this is expected to boost the demand for chloromethyl styrene in formulation of various modifiers (including resin and rubber).
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Chloromethyl Styrene Market
- Water scarcity is one of the major concerns across the globe. Demand for water is increasing at substantial pace, due to the rise in population across the globe. According to a report published by the United Nations, 1.8 billion people are expected to be living in geographies with absolute water scarcity by 2050. This estimate supports the findings published by The International Food Policy Research Institute, which projects a 40% gap between demand and supply of water across the globe over the next 15 years. In order to counter these issues, governments of countries across the globe are investing in water treatment infrastructure and technologies. For example, the Government of China allocates around US$ 110 Bn per year for environment protection and pollution control, which includes wastewater treatment.
- Chloromethyl styrene is preferred as a monomer in manufacture of ion exchange membrane due to excellent ability to get polymerized with initiators. Thus, increase in investments in wastewater treatment is anticipated to drive the demand for chloromethyl styrene in the near future.
- Advancement in new technologies and increase in research & development activities in developed as well as developing regions are expected to revolutionize the renewable energy sector in the next few years. Additionally, rise in government funding in developing countries, such as India and China, is likely to fuel the renewable energy sector in these countries in the near future. For instance, GE Renewable Energy has received an order from the EDF Renewables- SITAC Group joint venture for the installation of 112 units of 2.7 MW wind turbines at the Sitac Kabini wind farm in Gujarat, India. These 112 units are likely to be commissioned by early 2021 and would produce green energy to cater to the rising demand for electricity across the country. This is projected to boost the consumption of redox-flow battery in the near future. Redox-flow battery is made of an ion exchange membrane. In turn, this is likely to propel the consumption of chloromethyl styrene in formulation of these membranes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Opportunities in Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market
- Some companies have low market presence in Middle East & Africa and Latin America. This provides companies with an opportunity to establish research & development facilities in these regions to offer better solutions to customers. Furthermore, manufacturers of chloromethyl styrene can expand their distribution network with the addition of local distributors and sales offices. Additionally, exporting products to these regions can provide immense opportunities to manufacturers based in North America and Europe.
- Diversification can provide significant opportunities for new entrants and current players. Existing manufacturers of chloromethyl styrene can focus on integrated operations to strengthen their foothold, while new participants can enter into partnerships and collaborations with raw material manufacturers.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market
- Based on region, the global chloromethyl styrene market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Growth in investment in the renewable energy sector and rise in demand for electricity in Asia Pacific are expected to drive the demand for redox-flow battery in the region. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for chloromethyl styrene in the manufacture of ion exchange membranes, due to its ease of polymerization with initiators.
- North America has abundance of manufacturing capabilities and capital required for manufacture of chloromethyl styrene for wide range of applications. This is anticipated to augment the market in the region in the near future.
- A few number of producers operate in the chloromethyl styrene market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Key Players Operating in Market
The global chloromethyl styrene market is highly concentrated, with the presence of a few number of manufacturers. These companies account for major share of the market. Key manufacturers operating in the chloromethyl styrene market include:
- DAEYOUNG Industrial Co,. LTD
- AGC SEIMI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market: Research Scope
Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market, by Purity
Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market, by Application
- Ion Exchange Membrane
Global Chloromethyl Styrene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.