Chlormequat Chloride: Introduction
- Chlormequat chloride is an organic salt consisting of equal numbers of chlormequat and chloride ions. It is primarily used as a plant growth regulator, which usually induces retardation of shoot elongation and vegetative growth in majority of crops.
- Chlormequat chloride hampers the action of gibberellic acid, which leads to shortening and strengthening of stems in plants. Furthermore, it reduces branching and foliage in certain species of shrubs and trees.
- Chlormequat chloride increases chlorophyll formation and development of the root system, resulting in greater crop yield. Based on application, the global chlormequat chloride market can be segmented into cereals, cotton, ornamentals, and others.
Key Drivers of Chlormequat Chloride Market
- Chlormequat chloride is a major chemical compound that is used in the agriculture industry in India and China to produce high quality crops. Various government schemes has been launched by the Government of India to boost agricultural productivity and enhance the awareness of agriculture. The Government of India launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)’ in 2015 with an objective to improve irrigation sources and agriculture productivity in drought affected areas by investing US$ 7.7 Bn for a period of five years. Additional funds for this scheme are estimated to be announced in the next year budget allocation.
- Increase in private investments in agriculture companies in China is projected to boost the agricultural produce in the country in the next few years. This is anticipated to boost the sales of chlormequat chloride.
- India has one of the major agriculture industries after China. Increase in population of both these countries is likely to boost the demand for agricultural products.
- The global population rose at a rate of 1.2% per annum from 2000 to 2018. According to a report published by the UN, the global population is estimated to reach 9.7 billion in 2050 and nearly 11 billion around 2100. Asia Pacific accounted for 59.7% share of the global population in 2017. Demand for agricultural produce has been increasing year-on-year in India and China owing to the rise in population in these countries. Many countries in Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam have launched government schemes to boost their agriculture exports to countries in Europe and North America. In December 2018, the Government of India launched the Agriculture Export Policy. Under this new policy, the government aims to double the country’s agricultural export to US$ 60 Bn by 2022 and reach US$ 100 Bn in the next few years by emphasizing on the promotion of indigenous agri-product exports. In order to meet the high demand for fruits and vegetables, companies operating in the agriculture sector are aiming to improve productivity of their farms with the help of chlormequat chloride. Enacted of these polices by various governments is expected to augment the demand of chlormequat chloride in the near future.
Key Restraint of Chlormequat Chloride Market
- In 2016, the European Union rejected 30 tons of table grapes imported from Maharashtra, India, worth US$ 40.7 Mn as they contained traces of chlormequat chloride, a plant growth regulator. The EU’s maximum residue limit for chlormequat chloride, commonly called lihocin, stands at 0.05 mg/kg (or 0.05 ppm). However, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority under the Union Ministry of Commerce of India does not include chlormequat chloride in the list of chemicals and pesticides to be screened in export quality grapes. This ambiguity about the usage limit of chlormequat chloride is anticipated to hamper the market in the long term.
Covid-19 Impact on Chlormequat Chloride Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has positively impacted the agriculture industry in Asia Pacific owing to the increase in home consumption of food products. The agriculture industry in India experienced a growth rate of 3.4% in the first quarter of 2020-2021 vis-à-vis the same quarter in the previous fiscal year. The global agriculture industry has not been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic as compared to the slowdown in other sectors.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Chlormequat Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global chlormequat chloride market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The chlormequat chloride market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by the market in Latin America.
- Asia Pacific is a prominent producer of agricultural products such as rice, wheat, vegetables, and ornamentals. Hence, the requirement for chlormequat chloride is high in the region. Furthermore, rise in demand for high quality crops is expected to drive the chlormequat chloride market in the region.
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand in the near future, as farmers are focusing on agriculture. This is likely to boost the usage of chlormequat chloride for crops in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global chlormequat chloride market include:
- Jubilant Industries Ltd.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Crop Life Science Limited
- CAMEO Chemicals
- PhytoTechnology Laboratories
- ShaoXing Eastlake Biochemical Co., Ltd.
- Anyang Quanfeng Biological Technology Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Guoguang Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Huanghua Hongcheng Business Corp., Ltd
Global Chlormequat Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Chlormequat Chloride Market, by Application
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.