Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Overview
- Chlorinated polyolefins are manufactured through the chlorination process of polyolefins. They are pale yellow or clear in appearance. Chlorinated polyolefin polymers are highly versatile, as they can exist as rigid thermoplastics and flexible elastomers. Chlorinated polyolefins include chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) and chlorinated polypropylene (CPP). Chlorinated polyolefins possess unique properties such as weather resistance, fire resistance, and oil resistance. They are also used as impact promoters in plastics and adhesion promoters in films & inks.
Key Drivers of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Rise in usage of chlorinated polyolefins as adhesion promoters and PVC pipe & cable compounders is a key factor driving the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins lower cracking and increase shine in PVC pipe & cable compounders. Thus, rise in demand for PVC pipes & cables is expected to boost the demand for chlorinated polyolefins.
- The automotive industry is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise in automotive applications during the forecast period.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the adhesive industry is anticipated to remain high as polypropylene films are widely used in the packaging industry. Chlorinated polyolefins serve as ideal adhesives for these films. Chlorinated polyethylene is modified with rubber materials for the production of coal mine cable, hydraulic hose, tape, plastic sheets, magnetic materials, and ABS in the rubber industry.
- Rise in demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the paints & coatings industry is likely to fuel the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins are used extensively as adhesion promoting resins for coatings applied to polypropylene (PP) and thermoplastic olefin substrates.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Volatility in Crude Oil Prices to Hamper Global Market
- Volatility in crude oil prices is likely to hamper the price and demand for chlorinated polyolefins. Chlorinated compounds such as chlorinated polyethylene have been red listed by the International Living Future Institute, which allows the use of red listed items temporarily but these need to be replaced by substitute items during the forecast period. This is expected to hamper the chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period.
Key Segments of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Based on type, the chlorinated polyolefins market can be segmented into chlorinated rubber (CR), chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), chlorinated polypropylene (CPP), vinyl chloride, and other resins. The CPE segment is expected to hold major share of the global chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period. Chlorinated polyethylene offers high resistance to chemical corrosion, ozone, and atmospheric aging. Chlorinated polyethylene is used for preparing single-component paint or ink. It has good adhesion for all kinds of substrates, especially plastics and rubber.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global chlorinated polyolefins market in the near future. China is the major producer of chlorinated polyolefins. It is also the leading exporter of chlorinated polyolefins. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at rapid pace due to the rise in government initiatives for lowering the halogen content in plastics as incineration of halogenated materials gives rise to toxins in the atmosphere. In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America. According to the British Plastics Federation, plastics is used in packaging of around 50% of food in Europe. Chlorinated polyolefins are primarily used as primers or plastic additives to promote adhesion to difficult-to-bond substrates such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise at a steady pace in the cables & pipes industry in North America.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is projected to increase in Middle East & Africa, especially in Africa, during the forecast period, as the region is experiencing technological transformation and urbanization. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins in automotive and polymer compounders is likely to rise in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global chlorinated polyolefins market is highly fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO.,LTD
- TOYOKASEI CO., LTD.
- KANEKA CORPORATION
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Advanced Polymer, Inc.
- TOYOBO CO., LTD.
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Research Scope
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Type
- Chlorinated Rubber (CR)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Chlorinated Polypropylene (CPP)
- Vinyl Chloride (CPVC)
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Application
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Building & Construction
- Paints and Coatings
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.