Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Overview
- Chlorinated polyolefins are manufactured through the chlorination process of polyolefins. They are pale yellow or clear in appearance. Chlorinated polyolefin polymers are highly versatile, as they can exist as rigid thermoplastics and flexible elastomers. Chlorinated polyolefins include chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) and chlorinated polypropylene (CPP). Chlorinated polyolefins possess unique properties such as weather resistance, fire resistance, and oil resistance. They are also used as impact promoters in plastics and adhesion promoters in films & inks.
Key Drivers of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Rise in usage of chlorinated polyolefins as adhesion promoters and PVC pipe & cable compounders is a key factor driving the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins lower cracking and increase shine in PVC pipe & cable compounders. Thus, rise in demand for PVC pipes & cables is expected to boost the demand for chlorinated polyolefins.
- The automotive industry is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise in automotive applications during the forecast period.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the adhesive industry is anticipated to remain high as polypropylene films are widely used in the packaging industry. Chlorinated polyolefins serve as ideal adhesives for these films. Chlorinated polyethylene is modified with rubber materials for the production of coal mine cable, hydraulic hose, tape, plastic sheets, magnetic materials, and ABS in the rubber industry.
- Rise in demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the paints & coatings industry is likely to fuel the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins are used extensively as adhesion promoting resins for coatings applied to polypropylene (PP) and thermoplastic olefin substrates.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Volatility in Crude Oil Prices to Hamper Global Market
- Volatility in crude oil prices is likely to hamper the price and demand for chlorinated polyolefins. Chlorinated compounds such as chlorinated polyethylene have been red listed by the International Living Future Institute, which allows the use of red listed items temporarily but these need to be replaced by substitute items during the forecast period. This is expected to hamper the chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period.
Key Segments of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Based on type, the chlorinated polyolefins market can be segmented into chlorinated rubber (CR), chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), chlorinated polypropylene (CPP), vinyl chloride, and other resins. The CPE segment is expected to hold major share of the global chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period. Chlorinated polyethylene offers high resistance to chemical corrosion, ozone, and atmospheric aging. Chlorinated polyethylene is used for preparing single-component paint or ink. It has good adhesion for all kinds of substrates, especially plastics and rubber.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global chlorinated polyolefins market in the near future. China is the major producer of chlorinated polyolefins. It is also the leading exporter of chlorinated polyolefins. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at rapid pace due to the rise in government initiatives for lowering the halogen content in plastics as incineration of halogenated materials gives rise to toxins in the atmosphere. In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America. According to the British Plastics Federation, plastics is used in packaging of around 50% of food in Europe. Chlorinated polyolefins are primarily used as primers or plastic additives to promote adhesion to difficult-to-bond substrates such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise at a steady pace in the cables & pipes industry in North America.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is projected to increase in Middle East & Africa, especially in Africa, during the forecast period, as the region is experiencing technological transformation and urbanization. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins in automotive and polymer compounders is likely to rise in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global chlorinated polyolefins market is highly fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO.,LTD
- TOYOKASEI CO., LTD.
- KANEKA CORPORATION
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Advanced Polymer, Inc.
- TOYOBO CO., LTD.
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Research Scope
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Type
- Chlorinated Rubber (CR)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Chlorinated Polypropylene (CPP)
- Vinyl Chloride (CPVC)
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Application
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Building & Construction
- Paints and Coatings
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.