Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Overview
- Chlorinated polyolefins are manufactured through the chlorination process of polyolefins. They are pale yellow or clear in appearance. Chlorinated polyolefin polymers are highly versatile, as they can exist as rigid thermoplastics and flexible elastomers. Chlorinated polyolefins include chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) and chlorinated polypropylene (CPP). Chlorinated polyolefins possess unique properties such as weather resistance, fire resistance, and oil resistance. They are also used as impact promoters in plastics and adhesion promoters in films & inks.
Key Drivers of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Rise in usage of chlorinated polyolefins as adhesion promoters and PVC pipe & cable compounders is a key factor driving the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins lower cracking and increase shine in PVC pipe & cable compounders. Thus, rise in demand for PVC pipes & cables is expected to boost the demand for chlorinated polyolefins.
- The automotive industry is expected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise in automotive applications during the forecast period.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the adhesive industry is anticipated to remain high as polypropylene films are widely used in the packaging industry. Chlorinated polyolefins serve as ideal adhesives for these films. Chlorinated polyethylene is modified with rubber materials for the production of coal mine cable, hydraulic hose, tape, plastic sheets, magnetic materials, and ABS in the rubber industry.
- Rise in demand for chlorinated polyolefins in the paints & coatings industry is likely to fuel the chlorinated polyolefins market. Chlorinated polyolefins are used extensively as adhesion promoting resins for coatings applied to polypropylene (PP) and thermoplastic olefin substrates.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Volatility in Crude Oil Prices to Hamper Global Market
- Volatility in crude oil prices is likely to hamper the price and demand for chlorinated polyolefins. Chlorinated compounds such as chlorinated polyethylene have been red listed by the International Living Future Institute, which allows the use of red listed items temporarily but these need to be replaced by substitute items during the forecast period. This is expected to hamper the chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period.
Key Segments of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Based on type, the chlorinated polyolefins market can be segmented into chlorinated rubber (CR), chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), chlorinated polypropylene (CPP), vinyl chloride, and other resins. The CPE segment is expected to hold major share of the global chlorinated polyolefins market during the forecast period. Chlorinated polyethylene offers high resistance to chemical corrosion, ozone, and atmospheric aging. Chlorinated polyethylene is used for preparing single-component paint or ink. It has good adhesion for all kinds of substrates, especially plastics and rubber.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global chlorinated polyolefins market in the near future. China is the major producer of chlorinated polyolefins. It is also the leading exporter of chlorinated polyolefins. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at rapid pace due to the rise in government initiatives for lowering the halogen content in plastics as incineration of halogenated materials gives rise to toxins in the atmosphere. In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America. According to the British Plastics Federation, plastics is used in packaging of around 50% of food in Europe. Chlorinated polyolefins are primarily used as primers or plastic additives to promote adhesion to difficult-to-bond substrates such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is anticipated to rise at a steady pace in the cables & pipes industry in North America.
- Demand for chlorinated polyolefins is projected to increase in Middle East & Africa, especially in Africa, during the forecast period, as the region is experiencing technological transformation and urbanization. Thus, demand for chlorinated polyolefins in automotive and polymer compounders is likely to rise in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global chlorinated polyolefins market is highly fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO.,LTD
- TOYOKASEI CO., LTD.
- KANEKA CORPORATION
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Advanced Polymer, Inc.
- TOYOBO CO., LTD.
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market: Research Scope
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Type
- Chlorinated Rubber (CR)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Chlorinated Polypropylene (CPP)
- Vinyl Chloride (CPVC)
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Application
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Building & Construction
- Paints and Coatings
Global Chlorinated Polyolefins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.