Global Chemical Sunscreen Market – Introduction
- Chemical sunscreen contains chemical compounds which absorbs UV rays before it reaches the skin’s surface by converting it from light to heat energy. Chemical sunscreens essentially penetrate into the skin to absorb the harmful rays before they penetrate the dermis and damage the skin. Chemical-based sunscreens are quick and easy to apply, thinner, and spreads on the skin. Chemical sunscreens are made with ingredients such as Oxybenzone, Avobenzone, Octinoxate and Octisalate. Chemical sunscreen is also known as chemical sunblock. Companies are making chemical sunscreen formulas which provide effective water-resistant coverage. Water-resistant sunscreens are highly suitable for professional swimmers, surfers, stand-up paddle boarders, and also for people on beaches and at pool parties etc.
Rise in usage of sun care products by sports personalities projected to be an opportunity for the chemical sunscreen market
- Rapid increase in usage of sun care products such as creams, lotions, sprays, and lip balm by sports personalities active in extreme outdoor sports, water sports etc. are likely to create significant opportunities for manufacturers and distributors of chemical sunscreen products in the forecasted timeline. The sports industry has grown tremendously in the last few years. People are actively involved in various sporting activities and taking necessary steps to protect their skin from burns etc.
Increase in demand for organic sun care products a challenge for the chemical sunscreen market
- Continuous rise in demand and usage of natural and organic sun care products is anticipated to hamper the growth of chemical-based sunscreen products during the forecast period. Individuals with sensitive skin and those who are conscious about skin cancer inducing- chemical ingredients used in chemical sun care products, are considering organic sun care products as a suitable or convenient alternative. These factors are projected to be a challenge for manufacturers & distributors dealing in chemical sunscreens during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Chemical Sunscreen Market, Request for a Sample
North America Considered to be the Largest Market for Chemical Sunscreen
- Geographically, the global chemical sunscreen market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe , Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global chemical sunscreen market in 2018. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period due rising need for products suitable for various skin types. Demand for sun care products changes depending on skin type and sun intensity.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rising awareness about harmful ultraviolet rays, and promotional initiatives undertaken by companies such as distribution of free samples of sun care products, awareness campaigns, and promotional flyers in China, India, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries. This is projected to surge the demand for chemical sunscreen in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Chemical Sunscreen Market
Prominent chemical sunscreen companies are projected to face tough competition during the forecast period. Brands such as Neutrogena, Shiseido Co. Ltd., Coppertone, Banana Boat, and La Roche-Posay are heavily investing in research & development to create new formulations of chemical sunscreen and launch new range of innovative sun care products in the market. Companies are spreading awareness and conducting promotional drives to increase the demand for sun care products in emerging economies of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global chemical sunscreen market include:
- Banana Boat
- EltaMD, Inc.
- La Roche-Posay
- Shiseido Co., Ltd
- Solskyn Personal Care LLC
- Sun Bum
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market – Research Scope
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market, by Form
- Lip Balm
- Others (Powder, Colored etc.)
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market, by SPF
- SPF 6-14
- SPF 15-29
- SPF 30-50
- SPF 50+
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market, by Price Category
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market, by Gender
Global Chemical Sunscreen Market, by Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Drug Stores
- Company-Owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.