Charge Pump IC Market: Introduction
- Charge pump IC, also called switched capacitor are DC-DC converters that use capacitors to store charge in order to change the voltage level. Charge pump IC can work like an inverter, splitter, or booster and is used to double voltages, triple voltages, half voltages, invert voltages, and fractionally multiply or scale up voltages in different electrical circuits.
- Charge pump IC is primarily used in applications that require low current. It is mainly used to eliminate the magnetic fields and EMI that comes with an inductor or transformer.
- The functional components required for charge pump ICs are a few. They work without inductors and other external components; they require only two capacitors for energy storage. The makes for small size of charge pump ICs to be a plus for their use.
- Charge pump ICs serve to be a cost-effective alternative to conventional boost converters. They are effective to boost voltage under light load conditions for small, battery-operated and other low-power applications.
Rise in Demand in Electrical Controlled Applications
- The consumer electronics industry has witnessed significant expansion. Rise in demand for household appliances, industrial automation, memory devices, smartphones and other major devices is driving the market for charge pump IC.
- Thus, an increase in use of electrical devices is estimated to fuel the charge pump IC market during the forecast period.
- Major applications of charge pump ICs are in lighting devices such as LEDs and LCD drivers. These lighting have replaced conventional lightning devices owing to their energy-efficient features.
Rise in Demand for Charge Pump IC Globally
- Charge pump IC is mostly employed in low power electronics, which generates high output voltage from a low input voltage such as LCD or white LED drivers, which generate high bias voltage from a single low voltage supply
- Charge pump IC is also utilized in NMOS memories and microprocessors to generate a negative voltage in order to reduce junction capacitance and increase circuit speed
- It is used in vertical deflection circuit, in CRT monitors, to obtain maximum deviation, for the CRT coil needs, which eliminates the need for another voltage
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to high usage of consumer electronics in the region
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a significant growth rate, owing to rapid digitization being witnessed in these regions
- Asia Pacific and Europe are prominent markets for consumer electronics, which is also estimated to drive the charge pump IC market in these regions. Furthermore, the presence of a robust electronic industry in Asia Pacific and Europe is another key factor that is likely to propel the market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Charge Pump IC Market
Key players include:
- Analog Devices
- TI- Texas Instruments
- Allegro Micro Systems
- Cirrus Logic
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
Global Charge Pump IC Market Research Scope
Global Charge Pump IC Market, by Type
- Dickson scheme
- Cross-Coupled Charge Pumps
- Body Biasing Pump
- Composite Charge Pumps
- Adiabatic Charge Pumps
- Adaptive Charge Pumps
Global Charge Pump IC Market, by Application Area
- Led driver
- LCD driver
- Flash Drive driver
Global Charge Pump IC Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America