Charged coupled device (CCD) is a device which is designed for the transfer of electrical charge from within the device to a designated area where the charge can be converted into a digital value. This is done by moving the signals between different stages within the device. CCD is a major technology widely used in digital imaging. The pixels are then dedicated to light capture and the output’s uniformity, which is a key factor for the quality of the image, is high. CCD image sensors are capable of resolutions falling in the range of 10.2 megapixels or higher. The pixels in a CCD image sensor are presented by p-doped MOS capacitors
For capturing images through a CCD based image sensors, a photoactive region and a transmission region which is manufactured from a shift register. The image is then projected through a lens on to the capacitor array, causing them to collect a substantial amount of electric charge which is directly proportional to the intensity of the light at that particular location In a CCD image sensor, the pixel charge is transmitted through a restricted number of output nodes, which is then converted into voltage, buffered and sent-off chip as an analog signal. . One dimensional array which are in scan cameras, capturing a single portion of the image and two dimensional array are used in still and video cameras captures multidimensional picture that corresponds to the scene which is projected on to the focal plane of the sensor. Post exposure of the array to the image, a control circuit enables each of the capacitor to transfer its contents to its neighbor which operates as a shift register.
Low price of CCD base image sensors is pushing the demand for the market at present. Additionally, CCD based image sensors perform well in low light. Owing to this factor, CCD based image sensors are still being preferred by a fair amount of consumers. During the forecast period, low cost advantage of charge-coupled device (CCD) image sensor is estimated to exhaust due to obsolesce of this technology.
However, CCD based image sensors have become obsolete and have been taken over by CMOS based image sensors, which is highly restraining the market for CCD based image sensors. Further, CCD based image sensors tend to consume more power, produce more heat and are larger compared to CMOS based image sensors. In few cases CCD image sensors are require additional support IC’s for operation.
The global CCD image sensors market has been segmented on the basis of application into aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics (mobile phone, camera, and tablets among others), healthcare, industrial, entertainment, and security and surveillance among others. CCD based image sensors find wide application in healthcare sector due the wide application of high-quality image data. Over the years, the application of CCD image sensors have reduced in application sectors such consumer electronics such as smart phones, and digital cameras, where the manufacturers are increasing the application of CMOS based image sensors, instead of CCD image sensors.
On the basis of region, Asia Pacific dominated the global CCD image sensors market. The high growth of the market is mainly attributed to the rising purchasing power of the consumers and increasing exposure to technological advancements. North America is the second largest market for CCD based image sensors.
The global CCD based image sensors market dynamics is determined by multitude of factors including mergers and acquisitions, competitive rivalry, business streamlining, joint ventures and partnerships and product development through extensive research and development activities among others. Some of the major companies operating in this market are DALSA Corporation, Fairchild Imaging, Scientific Imaging Technologies, Hamamatsu Photonics and Narragansett Imaging.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.