Global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) Market: Overview
The presence of a resilient industry for airing shows on television has given an impetus to the growth of the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market. The need for consuming content through television media has created new opportunities for growth and maturity across the market. Several television channels have gained popularity across the globe, and it is important for operators to air these channels. It has come to the attention of the entertainment industry that news channels have become the most sought-after entertainment avenue for the masses. It is understandable to witness an increase in the viewership of news channels as people become increasingly reliant on fresh stats and data. The total volume of revenues within the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market is set to rise in the years to come by.
In this review, Transparency Market Research (TMR) decodes several dynamics that are making a difference to the growth graph of the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market. The presence of an expansive entertainment industry has played an integral role in market growth. New channels are being introduced on an annual basis across several regions. Besides, the performance of channel operators has improved in the recent past. The aforementioned factors have played a defining role in driving sales across the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) Market: Notable Developments
Several new trends and developments have shaped the growth of the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market.
- TV stations and web streamers have become an important component of the Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market. The trend of running new systems and channels on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware shall play a fine role in the growth of the market. Several market players are focusing on developing core capabilities for ensuring increased traction of their channels. The use of Anyware Video Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) is expected to increase through the course of 2020. OneGenie is an important flagship product that is slated to attract increased demand in the times to follow.
- Athensa Astra MCR system is also gaining popularity amongst several population groups. The use of ASTRA applications to run channels on COTS server has gained momentum across the globe. The need for multichannel systems is met with the help of an automated control node managed by ASTRA MCR. The development of such systems shall create new pathways for market growth and maturity.
- Evertz Microsystems, Ltd
- Harmonic, Inc.
- Grass Valley
- Pebble Beach Systems Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) Market, Request for a Sample
Global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) Market: Growth Drivers
- Scheduling of Shows on a Channel
The need to develop a roster for various shows that are aired on a channel has become indispensable. Consumers of television content have become enthusiastic about keeping a track of their favourite shows, and this makes it necessary for them to know the timing. The presence of Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) platforms helps in scheduling and airing of shows at the designated time. The need to integrate television channels has played an integral role in driving sales across the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market in recent years.
- Increased Consumption of Content
The need to ingest and combine the shows aired on a particular channel is another important factor responsible for the growth of the global Channel-in-a-Box (CiaB) market. The use of interactive graphics to increase engagement of viewers, coupled with the presence of various playouts on a channel, shall also drive market demand. It is worthwhile to note that the consumption of television content has increased over the past decade. This trend has taken shape despite the emergence of online streaming platforms. The quest of the masses to stay relevant in the current times of rapid evolution of content has given an impetus to market expansion.
Broadcasters from around the world are seeking affordable playout solutions that they can integrate easily into their existing workflows. They are willing to invest on the technology that will seemingly reduce the cost of playout systems and decipher complexities while enhancing reliability and performance in critical operations.
Touted as the “next big thing” in master control automation, Channel-in-a-Box (Ciab) is the latest innovation that enables “playout automation” across graphics, switchers, servers, audio, routing, and channel branding into a single integrated software application. Playout automation is the technology of producing content by inserting logos, ingesting video, advertisement, and overlays before broadcasting it to the audiences on a pre-determined schedule. Owing to the recent advances, CiaB is regarded as one of the most potent mediums of generating revenue for the broadcasting company or the broadcaster.
The key geographic segments of the channel-in-a-box market include North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW). Among these regional segments, North America dominates the global CiaB market. However, during the forecast period, robust development in Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa (MEA) will help the region to achieve fastest growth, outpacing the development rate registered by North America.
The report presents an executive level blueprint of the global channel-in-a-box market. It studies prevailing dynamics and analyzes the prospective trends to forecast refined growth projections for the market. Based on information sourced through scrupulous primary and secondary research, the study lays down the market growth drivers, restraints, and prospective opportunities.
Companies mentioned in the research report
After remaining dormant for over a period of decade, CiaB is finally creating a buzz across the broadcasting industry. With prominent companies such as Playbox, Grass Valley, Harmonic, and Snell foraying into the market, the global channel-in-a-box market is expected to gain increasing revenue in the next five years. Business strategies and financial records of the key market players are evaluated in the report to present refined growth forecasts for the global CiaB market.
Major geographies analyzed under this research report are:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.