Cetearyl Palmitate: Introduction
- Cetearyl palmitate is the ester that is derived from hexadecanoic acid and hexadecanol. It is a palm oil derivative. The compound gives lubricating and non-greasy consistency to pharmaceuticals, and personal care and cosmetic products. It is classified as skin conditioning masking emollient.
- Cetearyl palmitate is also called palmitic acid cetyl ester, palmitic acid n-hexadecyl ester, palmitic acid hexadecyl ester, N-hexadecyl palmitate, hexadecyl hexadecanoate, palmitic acid palmityl ester, and palmityl palmitate
Cetearyl Palmitate Market: Segments
- The global cetearyl palmitate market can be segmented based on application, end-use, and region
- Based on application, the global cetearyl palmitate market can be classified into emollient, emulsifier & stabilizer, lubricating agent, and others
- Based on end-use, the global cetearyl palmitate market can be divided into cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Cetearyl Palmitate Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This has hampered the global cetearyl palmitate market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
North America and Europe to Dominate Cetearyl Palmitate Market
- In terms of geography, the global cetearyl palmitate market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Developed regions such as North America and Europe are expected to be lucrative regions of the global cetearyl palmitate market
- North America is also a potentially lucrative region that is anticipated to drive the demand for cetearyl palmitate. A number of start-up companies in the region have forayed in the cetearyl palmitate market. These companies are likely to explore new streams of revenue in the near future.
- The cetearyl palmitate market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cetearyl Palmitate Market
- The global cetearyl palmitate was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global cetearyl palmitate market include:
- Ashland Inc.
- Stepan Company
- Caesar & Loretz GmbH
- Croda International Plc
- Oleon NV
- BASF SE
- Dien Inc.
- Mohini Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- Aecochem Corp.
- BioCell Technology, LLC
- Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- VMP Chemiekontor GmbH
- Amadis Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd.
- CellMark AB
- KHBoddin GmbH
- Gihi Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Global Cetearyl Palmitate Market: Research Scope
Global Cetearyl Palmitate Market, by Application
- Emulsifier & Stabilizer
- Lubricating Agent
Global Cetearyl Palmitate Market, by End-use
- Personal Care
Global Cetearyl Palmitate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!