Cervical Retractors Market: Introduction
- Cervical retractors are used for soft tissue retraction in anterior cervical discectomy and fusion procedure. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) is a type of neck surgery that involves removing a damaged disc to relieve spinal cord or nerve root pressure and alleviate equivalent pain, weakness, numbness, and tingling.
- Discectomy is a procedure of surgical decompression. Hence, the procedure could also be called anterior cervical decompression. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) ends with an anterior approach, which means that the surgery is completed through the front of the neck as opposed to through the back of the neck.
Global Cervical Retractors Market: Key Trends
- The global cervical retractors market is driven by rise in number of cervical spine surgeries and increase in the global geriatric population. According to the World Health Organization, global population aged 65 years and above stood at 703 million in 2019, and the number is projected to increase in the next few years.
- Surge in adoption of minimally invasive surgeries and focus of key players on research & development are anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures have become progressively feasible, efficient, and popular for the management of a range of spinal disorders, with increase in evidence indicating various advantages of these techniques over the traditional open approach.
Global Cervical Retractors Market Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global cervical retractors market can be bifurcated into transverse retractors and longitudinal retractors. The transverse retractors segment accounted for major share of the global cervical rotators market in 2020.
- Based on end-user, the global cervical retractors market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, and others. The hospitals segment held significant share of the global cervical retractors market in 2020.
North America accounted for Major Share of Global Cervical Retractors Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to increase in geriatric population and rise in number of cervical surgeries
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2031. Rise in medical tourism in developing countries such as India for minimally invasive cervical surgeries is expected to boost the growth of the cervical rotators market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Cervical Retractors Market
Major players operating in the global cervical retractors market are:
- Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC
- TeDan Surgical Innovations
- Medfix International, LLC
- Globus Medical, Inc.
- NSI Health Systems
- Thompson Surgical
- Novo Surgical, Inc.
- Life Spine
- Rudolf Storz GmbH
- Microcure Medical
- Signus Medical
- Wallach Surgical Devices
- Other prominent players
Global Cervical Retractors Market: Research Scope
Global Cervical Retractors Market, by Type
- Transverse Retractors
- Longitudinal Retractors
Global Cervical Retractors Market, by End-user
Global Cervical Retractors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!