Cervical Implants Market: Introduction
- A spinal column is nerve tissue that runs from the base of the skull down the center of the back. The spinal cord and membranes are surrounded by the vertebrae. The spinal curve and the brain make up the central nervous system (CNS).
- Spinal curve is broadly classified into three major parts: cervical curve, thoracic curve, and lumbar curve. The cervical spine consists of seven vertebrae.
- Cervical implants are devices surgeons use to decompress and stabilize the spine. In the cervical region, breakage occurs in the vertebrae called cervical fracture. These fractures are related with ligament injuries and epidural hematoma causing pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots, which could cause severe pain.
- A cervical implant is done to support the fractured or injured cervical spine. Plates, rods, and screws are types of implant devices used to fix on the vertebra to support the injured bone. Two types of implants are used: anterior and posterior. A surgeon uses a specific type of implant for surgery depending on the injuries and type of fracture. Cervical implants are used to correct deformities, fusion facilitation, and stabilize the spine.
Global Cervical Implants Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in incidence of spinal diseases such as cervical myelopathy, lumbar myelopathy, and thoracic myelopathy, and spinal injury surgery drives demand for spinal surgical procedures
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), globally, between 250,000 and 500,000 people suffer a spinal cord injury (SCI) every year
- Most of the spinal cord injuries are due to preventable causes such as road traffic crashes, falls, or violence. Increase in incidence of motor vehicle accidents is the leading cause of SCI in younger individuals, while falls is a major cause of SCI among people aged over 65. Hence, increase in demand for spinal surgeries is likely to fuel the growth of the global cervical implants market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements will provide surgeons with adjustability and flexibility to meet the anatomical challenges during treatment. Improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth, and broadening of insurance coverage is expected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost of the procedure , and continuous precautions after surgery are likely to hamper the growth of the global market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Cervical Implants Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global cervical implants market during the forecast period due to increase in number of spinal surgeries
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association, around 450,000 people in the U.S. are living with a spinal cord injury (SCI)
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in the geriatric population and rise in prevalence of bone diseases. According to data published by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), one in four people in Asia Pacific will be aged over 60 by 2050. The population aged over 60 in the region will triple between 2010 and 2050, reaching around 1.3 billion. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the population in WHO Southeast Asia Region is aging rapidly. The proportion of people aged 60 or above was 9.8% in 2017 and is likely to increase to 13.7% and 20.3% by 2030 and by 2050, respectively.
Major players operating in the global cervical implants market are:
- Zimmer Biomet
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- DePuy Synthes (Johnson and Johnson)
- ulrich medical USA
- Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC
- B. Braun Company
- Orthofix Holdings, Inc.
- Aegis Spine, Inc.
- Globus Medical, Inc.
Global Cervical Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Cervical Implants Market, by Product Type
- Anterior Cervical Plate and Screw
- Posterior Plates (or Rods) and Screws
- Artificial Cervical Discs
Global Cervical Implants Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialized Orthopedic Centers
Global Cervical Implants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.