Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market: Creating Safer Walkways
- Rise in urbanization and increase in shift of population from rural areas to urban areas are driving the demand for new residential construction in developing nations. This growth in demand for residential construction is boosting the demand for tile adhesives in developing nations.
- Ceramic tile adhesive is an emulsion, which is in the ready-to-use state to be applied on building structures. These adhesives act as binders, protective colloids, and suspension & stabilization agents. Additionally, ceramic tile adhesives can be used as coating polymers and lubricity & workability enhancers in the building & construction sector.
- These adhesives possess properties such as water retention at various temperatures, improved adhesion and cohesion, and flexibility.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Urbanization and Increase in FDI in Construction Industries Anticipated to Boost Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market
- Civic infrastructure is developing at a significant pace across various geographies. Governments of developing countries such as India are striving to boost the construction sector in the country. For instance, the Government of India has launched a subsidy scheme for first-time home buyers. The scheme is known as ‘Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.’ This is driving the demand for residential construction in the country, thereby propelling the demand for ceramic tile adhesives.
- Movement of large amounts of population to urban areas for employment and better standard of living are also driving the demand for construction of infrastructure in developing countries. This is anticipated to boost the demand for ceramic tiles, thereby propelling the demand for ceramic tile adhesives.
- Besides the traditional applications, ceramic tile adhesives are also used as coating polymers and lubricity & workability enhancers. Ceramic tile adhesives are also used to install countertops and backsplash. These adhesives are also employed to bond thin brick over fully cured concrete, cement backer board, cement mortar beds, cement plaster, cement block, gypsum wallboard, and exterior grade plywood.
Cementitious and Dispersion Segments to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The dispersion segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to the ability of dispersion to provide resistance to chemicals and help in improving the durability of the final product.
- Dispersion-based tile adhesives require less amount of water and superior flexural strength, making them ideal solutions over other cement-based tile adhesives. These attributes of dispersion-based tile adhesives are projected to boost the demand for cement-based tile adhesives in the near future.
- Increase in urbanization and FDI investment in the construction sector, typically in Japan, China, India and South Korea, are likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of ceramic tile adhesives in these countries in the near future
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market here
Intense Competition from Counterparts and High Flammability to Hamper Market
- Lack of awareness regarding the usage of ceramic tile adhesives for tile installations is one of the major restraints of the ceramic tile adhesives market in developing countries. Construction professionals in developing countries still use mortar as an adhesive for installing wall and floor tiles. However, increase in number of workshops and seminars conducted by construction material manufacturers has been driving the awareness about the benefits of using ceramic tile adhesives.
- Rise in usage of wall papers and floor carpets in commercial and office spaces is also projected to pose threat to the ceramic tile adhesives market.
Asia Pacific Expected to Drive Global Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market
- In terms of region, the global ceramic tile adhesives market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of ceramic tile adhesives, followed by Europe and North America. Rise in demand for decorative walls and ceilings in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. is expected to propel the demand for ceramic tile adhesives during the forecast period. Additionally, increase in demand for residential construction in developing countries of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of ceramic tile adhesives operating in the region.
- Increase in FDI investment in the construction industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific is also expected to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for ceramic tile adhesives for renovation activities in developed countries such as the U.S. and the U.K. is estimated to augment the global ceramic tile adhesives market during the forecast period
- Increase in demand for ceramic tile adhesives in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, led by the excellent bond and shorter set times of ceramic tiles adhesive, is likely to boost the ceramic tile adhesives market in these regions
Key Players in Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market
The global ceramic tile adhesives market is moderately fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 30% to 35% share. Key players operating in the ceramic tile adhesives market include:
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Bostik SA
- B. Fuller Construction Products Inc.Sika AG
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Sika AG
- Fosroc, Inc.
- Synthomer Plc.
- Morgan Ceramic Tile Adhesives
- Building Adhesives Ltd
- Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd.
- Brit Adhesives Ltd
- Tile Magic (Pty) Ltd
- BENFER SCHOMBURG SRL
- Mapei U.K. Ltd.
- ACT Australia PTY LTD
Global Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market, by Type
- Reaction Resin
Global Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market, by Application
- Wall tile
- Floor tile
- Ceiling tile
Global Ceramic Tile Adhesives Market, by End-use
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.