Ceramic Nanocomposites Market: Introduction
- Ceramic nanocomposites are known as ceramic composites with more than one solid phase, having dimensions ranging from 50 nm – 100 nm
- Ceramic nanocomposites offer a unique set of properties, especially at high temperatures. However, high production cost is the primary factor restraining the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
- Asia Pacific accounted for a leading share of the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018 due to rise in investments by governments of various countries, including Indonesia, India, and Thailand in end-user industries such as energy & power
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ceramic Nanocomposites Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market
- Ceramic nanocomposites have gained importance due to their high thermal and mechanical properties vis-à-vis single phase ceramic materials. Their properties include high stiffness, low density, chemical inertness, thermal stability, and good insulation.
- Ceramic nanocomposites has excellent magnetic properties, which include coercivity, superparamagnetism, colossal magnetoresistance, and electrical resistivity due to which they are widely used in power generation and energy storage devices
- Ceramic nanocomposites are being increasingly used, owing to technological advancements in composite processing method enabling these materials to go from the research laboratory scale to the commercial level
- Ceramic nanocomposites overcome major demerits of ceramic matrix composites. They offer brittle failure, low fracture toughness, and limited thermal shock resistance. Thus, the use of these materials is rising in areas where high temperature and wear and corrosion resistance are required. Ceramic nanocomposites are widely used in several medical applications such as biomedical and tissue engineering.
- Key players operating in the global ceramic nanocomposites market are increasingly exporting their products to generate revenue. However, challenges, such as increase in bargaining power of buyers and emphasis on high-quality products at low costs, are leading to significant changes in the supply chain of the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
Polymer-ceramic Composites Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of product, the polymer-ceramic composites segment constituted a major share of the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as polymer-ceramic composites offer excellent physical properties. These include high strength-to-weight ratio, chemical stability, hardness, non-catastrophic failure and light weight.
- Polymer–ceramic composite is known as ionically conducting solid material derived from a polymer and a ceramic phase
High Cost of Ceramic Nanocomposites to Hamper Market
- Ceramic nanocomposites require machining to obtain a specific component shape and size before its usage in end-use industries. This entails high capital cost. This factor is hampering the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
- Unavailability of any data on machinability of ceramic composites is another factor restraining market growth. Machining costs of ceramic nanocomposites should decline with increase in volume. Innovation allows costs to decrease further. Thus, high machining cost is hampering the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018. The region is likely to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period due to rapid industrialization, and rise in demand for ceramic nanocomposites in energy storage & power generation sectors in the region.
- China is a rapidly expanding market for ceramic nanocomposites in Asia Pacific, owing to the growth of various industries, such as electronic and energy, in the country. China is a major hub for healthcare products that employ ceramic nanocomposites, as ceramic nanocomposites offer superior properties over metals and alloys.
- The Europe ceramic nanocomposites market is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Europe is an attractive market for ceramic nanocomposites due to rise in industrial automation and technological reforms in the region. Some of the important automotive production companies in Western Europe are driving the market in the region.
- The ceramic nanocomposites market in North America is anticipated to experience sluggish growth during the forecast period due to the sluggish expansion of industries, such as energy, in the region. The ceramic nanocomposites market in North America is driven by high demand for these ceramics in wind energy, transportation, and power generation sectors. Ceramic nanocomposites is replacing traditional materials, such as metals, due to rise in demand for lightweight and composites materials.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global ceramic nanocomposites market include:
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- Cabot Corporation
- Cyclics Corporation
- Elementis Specialties Inc.
- eSpin Technologies Inc.
- Foster Corporation
- Powdermet Inc.
- Inframat Corporation
- Zyvex Technologies
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market: Research Scope
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Product
- Polymer-ceramic Composites
- Ceramic-ceramic composites
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Energy Storage
- Tissue Engineering
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.