Ceramic Nanocomposites Market: Introduction
- Ceramic nanocomposites are known as ceramic composites with more than one solid phase, having dimensions ranging from 50 nm – 100 nm
- Ceramic nanocomposites offer a unique set of properties, especially at high temperatures. However, high production cost is the primary factor restraining the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
- Asia Pacific accounted for a leading share of the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018 due to rise in investments by governments of various countries, including Indonesia, India, and Thailand in end-user industries such as energy & power
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ceramic Nanocomposites Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market
- Ceramic nanocomposites have gained importance due to their high thermal and mechanical properties vis-à-vis single phase ceramic materials. Their properties include high stiffness, low density, chemical inertness, thermal stability, and good insulation.
- Ceramic nanocomposites has excellent magnetic properties, which include coercivity, superparamagnetism, colossal magnetoresistance, and electrical resistivity due to which they are widely used in power generation and energy storage devices
- Ceramic nanocomposites are being increasingly used, owing to technological advancements in composite processing method enabling these materials to go from the research laboratory scale to the commercial level
- Ceramic nanocomposites overcome major demerits of ceramic matrix composites. They offer brittle failure, low fracture toughness, and limited thermal shock resistance. Thus, the use of these materials is rising in areas where high temperature and wear and corrosion resistance are required. Ceramic nanocomposites are widely used in several medical applications such as biomedical and tissue engineering.
- Key players operating in the global ceramic nanocomposites market are increasingly exporting their products to generate revenue. However, challenges, such as increase in bargaining power of buyers and emphasis on high-quality products at low costs, are leading to significant changes in the supply chain of the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
Polymer-ceramic Composites Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of product, the polymer-ceramic composites segment constituted a major share of the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as polymer-ceramic composites offer excellent physical properties. These include high strength-to-weight ratio, chemical stability, hardness, non-catastrophic failure and light weight.
- Polymer–ceramic composite is known as ionically conducting solid material derived from a polymer and a ceramic phase
High Cost of Ceramic Nanocomposites to Hamper Market
- Ceramic nanocomposites require machining to obtain a specific component shape and size before its usage in end-use industries. This entails high capital cost. This factor is hampering the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
- Unavailability of any data on machinability of ceramic composites is another factor restraining market growth. Machining costs of ceramic nanocomposites should decline with increase in volume. Innovation allows costs to decrease further. Thus, high machining cost is hampering the global ceramic nanocomposites market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global ceramic nanocomposites market in 2018. The region is likely to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period due to rapid industrialization, and rise in demand for ceramic nanocomposites in energy storage & power generation sectors in the region.
- China is a rapidly expanding market for ceramic nanocomposites in Asia Pacific, owing to the growth of various industries, such as electronic and energy, in the country. China is a major hub for healthcare products that employ ceramic nanocomposites, as ceramic nanocomposites offer superior properties over metals and alloys.
- The Europe ceramic nanocomposites market is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Europe is an attractive market for ceramic nanocomposites due to rise in industrial automation and technological reforms in the region. Some of the important automotive production companies in Western Europe are driving the market in the region.
- The ceramic nanocomposites market in North America is anticipated to experience sluggish growth during the forecast period due to the sluggish expansion of industries, such as energy, in the region. The ceramic nanocomposites market in North America is driven by high demand for these ceramics in wind energy, transportation, and power generation sectors. Ceramic nanocomposites is replacing traditional materials, such as metals, due to rise in demand for lightweight and composites materials.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global ceramic nanocomposites market include:
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- Cabot Corporation
- Cyclics Corporation
- Elementis Specialties Inc.
- eSpin Technologies Inc.
- Foster Corporation
- Powdermet Inc.
- Inframat Corporation
- Zyvex Technologies
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market: Research Scope
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Product
- Polymer-ceramic Composites
- Ceramic-ceramic composites
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Energy Storage
- Tissue Engineering
Global Ceramic Nanocomposites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.