Ceramic Cores: Introduction
- Ceramic cores are primarily used in the production of high-precision moving as well as stationary blades for gas turbines and jet engines. These help enhance the efficiency of the engine by acting as a sacrificial insert for the manufacture of complex shapes. Besides aerospace applications, ceramic cores are often used in assembly of complex shapes such as cores for pump impellers. The shape of the ceramic core is made by high pressure injection molding machines, which use specially designed dies or molds.
- Ceramic cores are produced by using a porous ceramic material. The porous ceramic material is made of various compositions of silica, alumina, and zircon.
- In terms of end-use industry, the global ceramic cores market can be segmented into aerospace, medical, energy, automotive, and others. The aerospace segment held major share of the global ceramic cores market in 2019. Rise in demand for ceramic cores in the aerospace industry to manufacture complex and intricate shapes is expected to boost the consumption of ceramic cores in the aerospace end-use industry. The automotive end-use industry is likely to offer lucrative opportunities for the ceramic cores market.
Rising Demand for Ceramic Cores in Aerospace End-use Industry
- Ceramic cores are predominantly used in the aerospace industry. Rise in number of airplanes for military purposes can be ascribed to the introduction of combat helicopters, with many of the latest technologies, into many national armed forces. These technological advancements in airplanes require manufacture of complex intricate shapes. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for ceramic cores in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Ceramic Cores Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected aerospace and automotive industries. More than 60% of aircraft across the globe are currently not flying. In March 2020, The Australian Airports Association (AAA) estimated that Australia’s major airports would lose more than US$ 500 Mn in aeronautical revenue compared to that in 2019.
- According to China’s Ministry of Transportation, the civil aviation sector in the country handled 38.4 million passengers during the 40-day Lunar New Year in early 2020 travel period, representing a decline of 47.5% compared to that during 2019. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the ceramic cores market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ceramic Cores Market
- In terms of region, the global ceramic cores market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in passenger traffic, primarily driven by growth of the aerospace sector in countries including India, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to drive the demand for ceramic cores in the production of aircraft parts in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Additionally, rapid growth in the income of the middle-class population, rise in spending on tourism, economic integration, and labor mobility in Asia Pacific are anticipated to boost the travel industry in the region in the near future. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the procurement of commercial aircraft, thereby driving the demand for ceramic cores in the region in the near future.
- According to the European Commission, Europe leads the world in terms of production of civil aircraft such as helicopters, aircraft engines, and aircraft parts and components. Additionally, the region has a trade surplus for aerospace products, which are exported across the globe. Various distribution facilities are located in Sweden, France, the U.K., and Russia. A few facilities are located in countries in Eastern and Central Europe. Countries in Eastern Europe are anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the ceramic cores market, due to rise in investments in the aerospace sector in these countries.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global ceramic cores market is fragmented, with the presence of several major players. Key players operating in the global ceramic cores market include:
- NORITAKE CO.,LIMITED
- Avignon Ceramics SAS
- CeramTec (Dai Ceramics)
- GF Precicast SA
- Lanik SRO
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- PCC Airfoils
- JASICO APPLIED MATERIAL CO., LTD
Global Ceramic Cores Market: Research Scope
Global Ceramic Cores Market, by Type
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Oxide
Global Ceramic Cores Market, by End-use Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.